+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shafted

Shafted

Well done Dundee, we have been shafted by Neil Lennon and Celtic.
    We have lost two of our best players, our best defender and main playmaker.
    we are 3rd bottom of the league and fighting relegation,
    But not to worry, we now have plenty of money and can take our time to sign the players we need,

Oooh just a minute, the transfer window, it can't be ????
    Whilst I'm on a downer, after two good away wins I was looking forward to the Ross county game,not any more.
    Through the years I have seen that many times I can read the script.
    Xxx... Football club who are on a xx.. Winless losing streak are the next visitors to dens park.
    Hope em wrong with that one
    It's funny being a Dee, when your on a high it never seems to last very long,
    Still it could be worse,... Look at the dabs !

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Well done Dundee, we have been shafted by Neil Lennon and Celtic.
    We have lost two of our best players, our best defender and main playmaker.
    we are 3rd bottom of the league and fighting relegation,
    But not to worry, we now have plenty of money and can take our time to sign the players we need,

Oooh just a minute, the transfer window, it can't be ????
    Whilst I'm on a downer, after two good away wins I was looking forward to the Ross county game,not any more.
    Through the years I have seen that many times I can read the script.
    Xxx... Football club who are on a xx.. Winless losing streak are the next visitors to dens park.
    Hope em wrong with that one
    It's funny being a Dee, when your on a high it never seems to last very long,
    Still it could be worse,... Look at the dabs !
    It's not great but I don't think many expected Hendry to be here unless on loan which em still not sure if that was even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It's not great but I don't think many expected Hendry to be here unless on loan which em still not sure if that was even possible.
    Maybe I'm in the minority but it think getting good money, for a change, for a player who's been with us about a fortnight and the return of Allan to his parent club to do what they like isn't a disaster.

Murray isn't my cup of tea (due to his hair clashing days in dayglo) but we were crying out for someone who is a complete nuisance to other teams and tries for 90 mins. We've got that now.

Timing isn't great i'm just glad to see we're not putting Vincent or Nicky Low in the middle of the park.

Just need it confirmed that Dundee are still paying Bain's wages and that will be the cherry on top

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority but it think getting good money, for a change, for a player who's been with us about a fortnight and the return of Allan to his parent club to do what they like isn't a disaster.

Murray isn't my cup of tea (due to his hair clashing days in dayglo) but we were crying out for someone who is a complete nuisance to other teams and tries for 90 mins. We've got that now.

Timing isn't great i'm just glad to see we're not putting Vincent or Nicky Low in the middle of the park.
    Kinda where I am, loan thing bugging me.

We have thon Dutch centre back on trial so maybe gonna bring him on board.

Still can't believe we fell for the hibs/Celtic con
    Hibs sign a goalkeeper 12 hours before the window closes (and bains still there)

Lennon has never hidden his admiration for Scott Allan , and gets his man.
    Celtic are desperate for a keeper and get Bain ,they also manage to get hendry
    Meanwhile Dundee are two players down, the transfer window closes,
    We do get Murray (on loan), but the he is cup tied !

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!

How anyone can make out it that this an ok window for us clearly hasn’t saw odea or spence
    As for Murray he runs about quite a lot and is probably a bit better than Moussa and on the down side he is a dab jersey kissing chunt bit I hope he scores tons for us

First of all I agree it was a dreadful Transfer Window for us but I don't get all the criticism of Dundee for the end result.
    1. We could have refused to sell Hendry but to be honest it is good money for a player who we got for nothing 6 months ago.
    2. We had no control over the future of Allan, he belongs to Celtic and Lennon stitched up a deal with a loan till the end of the season with what looks like an option to buy in the summer, something I doubt we would have been prepared to do.
    3. We as fans don't care a jot about Bain but Lennon was clever in that he paved the way for him to go to Celtic, as he needed to off load him so he could get Allan on loan.
    4. Lastly given that all that happened if we hadn't brought ANYONE in it would have been even worse.

Now I have made a few assumption here, thats what we do on the form because I have no inside knowledge but for me as a long standing Dundee supporter, if you wear the Dark Blue strip, you are one of mine and I might occasionally get frustrated but I will defend you to the bitter end.

Oh everyone will support Murray in a Dee top
    Pissed off with the board bout Hendry though, his value wouldn’t have went down at the seasons end

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)