+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "the window is closed,but we are looking at free agents"

"the window is closed,but we are looking at free agents"

just waiting on that line emancipating from Dens,
    we have weakend the heart of our defence and that is a huge worry,
    we have parted company with SA who was a move or 2 ahead of some players,albeit he wasnt our player
    we have gained murray who granted will run all day and hopefully net a good few,we will have to see how he pans out
    SB nae sleep lost on him

overall our bank balance has improved, the huge worry is now we need our squad defenders to step up to the mark

a poor poor window for us imo,wouldv been much happier had we added a ffkkkk off ball winner for midfield

So far, a terrible window. The loss of Hendry is massive. We are a weaker team today, which we cant afford to be. We have lost two significant players from our squad and gained potentially one. Hope Helms has something up his sleeve.

Guys what you want and what you get is two different things.

You can't really moan too much about the yanks taking a very healthy profit when they have put dosh in to balance the books the last few years.

Me personally would be disappointed if they wernae still looking at free agents although not ideal.

If McCann sees something in Murray or thinks he can complement existing strikers em prepared to back his judgement as apart from a couple it's been good up till now.

Gutted at losing a player who will play for Scotland but delighted we took a chance on him to get a hopefully decent whack.

Looking back at some of the early posts on here and on Pravda when he first played for us a guide few folk thought he was gash....changed days.

Cannae mind how much Partick sold him to Wigan for but think it was six figures...six figures, free, seven figs (potentially) in a few months must be very unusual.

not moaning re the sale mate as it makes sense business wise
    but we surely mustv been marking a few cards replacement wise as i dont think 1 of us was surprised he left,that said we dont know what the free agent situation is,so willing to see what the next week or so brings.

if its been a case of grab the money and worry about a replacement later then that attitude will see a dabesque departure from the top league im afraid

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    but we surely mustv been marking a few cards replacement wise as i dont think 1 of us was surprised he left,that said we dont know what the free agent situation is,so willing to see what the next week or so brings.

if its been a case of grab the money and worry about a replacement later then that attitude will see a dabesque departure from the top league im afraid
    I'd be astonished if NM went along with that and his next press conference shud tell us a lot.

Win on Saturday we won't finish bottom, can't see us losing over two legs to ICT, livvy or pars if we do finish 11th.

Yeah Hendry is a loss for side.But say we still had him and he broke his leg during a game,what would we have to do? Give up and throw the towel in ?
    We would just have to get on with it.We have options( not as good) but plenty of options.
    We have the following defensive players at the club:
    Cammy Kerr
    Kevin Holt
    Darren O'Dea
    Jon Aurtenetxe
    Julen Etxabeguren
    Josh Meekings
    Kostadin Gadzhalov
    Kerr Waddell
    Jordan Piggott
    Brian Rice
    Dan Jefferies

While not on the scale of Jack,plenty of options available that can do a job for the club.Plus we have that Big Dutch lad on trial( I think)

Not all bad and faith needs to be shown to the lads that will replace Jack.

We have been down the free agent route before,
    Even if any of these players are decent, by the time you get them fit, then match fit, we could be
    Into april by then and it might be too late
    We have lost two good players and have not signed anyone to fill their positions.
    We will have suspensions coming up and possible injuries.
    Darren odea was a good signing ,but is now a liability, if we are forced to play him, l don't fancy our chances.

I think we’ve lost one good player, Hendry, the other one hardly played for us, and when he did it wasn’t always that great.
    We all know scott Allan is a good player, but if he produced it every week he would still be in England or at parkhead, we’re crying out for a player like Murray and I welcome his signing

Quote Originally Posted by billymorgan View Post
    Yeah Hendry is a loss for side.But say we still had him and he broke his leg during a game,what would we have to do? Give up and throw the towel in ?
    We would just have to get on with it.We have options( not as good) but plenty of options.
    We have the following defensive players at the club:
    Cammy Kerr
    Kevin Holt
    Darren O'Dea
    Jon Aurtenetxe
    Julen Etxabeguren
    Josh Meekings
    Kostadin Gadzhalov
    Kerr Waddell
    Jordan Piggott
    Brian Rice
    Dan Jefferies

While not on the scale of Jack,plenty of options available that can do a job for the club.Plus we have that Big Dutch lad on trial( I think)

Not all bad and faith needs to be shown to the lads that will replace Jack.
    Hendry was out against Inverness at home (a lower league club ) and we lost two goals, both mistakes from central defenders.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I think we’ve lost one good player, Hendry, the other one hardly played for us, and when he did it wasn’t always that great.
    We all know scott Allan is a good player, but if he produced it every week he would still be in England or at parkhead, we’re crying out for a player like Murray and I welcome his signing
    Moussa and Murray what a time to be alive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)