+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams sign Chelsea midfielder on loan

Rams sign Chelsea midfielder on loan

Derby County had a late swoop to bring in Chelsea attacking midfielder Kelsey Palmer - External Link

Why? Where?

Cover for Vydra? Cover for out wide in the "3"?

Or 1st choice in one of those 2 positions?

DDD suggested we need an AM to take the Vydra role. If he is right do we play Palmer in the #10 role and move our top scorer into the #9 role where he will probably be less effective?

I don't get this signing but in GR we trust.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Why? Where?

Cover for Vydra? Cover for out wide in the "3"?

Or 1st choice in one of those 2 positions?

DDD suggested we need an AM to take the Vydra role. If he is right do we play Palmer in the #10 role and move our top scorer into the #9 role where he will probably be less effective?

I don't get this signing but in GR we trust.
    Apparently versatile can play winger, or along the attacking midfield. We certainly needed a fresh face in an attacking role in that area, especially as Russell has left.

We were all crying out for an attacking midfielder a couple of months ago.

I see him as either a super-sub to come on and change the game with a bit of magic, or providing competition in Russell's absence. We are a bit thin on both wings, Lawrence could quite easily take a knock or get burned out, so makes good sense to me, and a short term loan shouldn't hurt the pocket too much.

Don't see him as a Vydra replacement, but Vydra only plays 70 minutes. Seems like a decent versatile option which could just buy us an extra 6 points along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

DDD suggested we need an AM to take the Vydra role. If he is right .....
    Come on you know better than that. If nothing else last nights flurry of copy/paste twitterbollox demonstrates he is never right.

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    We were all crying out for an attacking midfielder a couple of months ago.

I see him as either a super-sub to come on and change the game with a bit of magic, or providing competition in Russell's absence. We are a bit thin on both wings, Lawrence could quite easily take a knock or get burned out, so makes good sense to me, and a short term loan shouldn't hurt the pocket too much.

Don't see him as a Vydra replacement, but Vydra only plays 70 minutes. Seems like a decent versatile option which could just buy us an extra 6 points along the way.
    His Wiki page (always reliable) says he was taken back from Hudds due to lack of game time - I don't believe these 'must play clauses' but I would have guessed GR would have sold to Chelsea the fact he will get a fair run out. We came good on that promise with Bamford, if we do it again we'll be well regarded to get someone like Morata next time around. Will be interesting to see what he gets here - but one in seven strike rate is hardly in the Bruce Rioch mode of attacking midfielder so I wouldn't be pinning all hopes on him to bag a load. That said, comes from the England U21 squad so I hope he is worth his shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by BaaLocks View Post
    His Wiki page (always reliable) says he was taken back from Hudds due to lack of game time - I don't believe these 'must play clauses' but I would have guessed GR would have sold to Chelsea the fact he will get a fair run out. We came good on that promise with Bamford, if we do it again we'll be well regarded to get someone like Morata next time around. Will be interesting to see what he gets here - but one in seven strike rate is hardly in the Bruce Rioch mode of attacking midfielder so I wouldn't be pinning all hopes on him to bag a load. That said, comes from the England U21 squad so I hope he is worth his shirt.
    I just really hope we haven't missed the opportunity to get some quality in to get us over the line
    a player who was in and out at Huddersfield and doesn't play for his parent club doesn't seem the answer to me.
    Hope I'm wrong

I think we should of tried harder with Lookman or the polish lad at Hull, they seemed to have that bit of quality we need.

We haven't managed to get any real transfer fees in for any of our players which is shame, plus we have a ageing squad which lack any future sales
    Have we got any players who could command a decent fee if sold ,not really many at all.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Come on you know better than that. If nothing else last nights flurry of copy/paste twitterbollox demonstrates he is never right.
    I got something right once, DDD might too

Eddy We did try hard with Lookman every agreed by 11oclock Wed morning Transfer fee players wages etc Allardyce sanctioned it We thought we had him by 2oclock he said he's not coming he wants to go to Germany Allardyce spends an hour testing to tell him he was making a mistake but he was still adament him and his agent wanted Germany Leaving us scratching about trying to fill that position

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Eddy We did try hard with Lookman every agreed by 11oclock Wed morning Transfer fee players wages etc Allardyce sanctioned it We thought we had him by 2oclock he said he's not coming he wants to go to Germany Allardyce spends an hour testing to tell him he was making a mistake but he was still adament him and his agent wanted Germany Leaving us scratching about trying to fill that position
    Odd though. Why would a twenty year old Merseyside based Londoner fancy the far side of Germany to us in our current position? The attraction of potential top flight football or just the chatter of cash?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)