+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tony Hately

Indeed a sad loss what a great footballer he was, pity he son Mark didn't play for us at some stage.....

I was up in Dundee last year visiting an old work mate, he asked me if I would like to go to the Dundee v Celtic game. Well, how could I refuse, I was hoping to see young Callum play (which he did)....But when I saw the Dundee line up they had a Tom Hateley playing for them in midfield, talk about chip off the old block(s) split of his dad and granddad (thats about all I'm sorry to say, he was substituted in the second half) but nice to see he's carry on the family tradition.....Oh and Celtic won 2-1 young Callum was also taken off but he did have a good game, obviously learnt a lot from his time a Notts..

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    My favourite Notts player, I saw him make his home debut replacing Stan Newsham.
    Ditto (see left), and on his return (and a then skinny Astle if my memory serves me right).

Big Tony well loved in Liverpool too.

I never met Tony, but I had the pleasure of meeting and filming with his son Mark last year for our film about Nottingham's AC Milan links The Lord of Milan.

Mark knew lots about both Nottingham and Notts. I asked him if he was ever close to signing for us under Pavis (which we were led to believe at the time) and the answer was "not really".

Tony gets a mention in our film via his son, Mark. So I've just left a little tribute on our Facebook page (mainly populated by AC Milan fans) for them all to see...

https://m.facebook.com/thelordofmilan

For those of you that don't know, there's a third generation Hateley called Tom. He's a RB/RW and has played for Dundee, Motherwell and Tranmere (as well as Śląsk Wrocław in Poland).

He's currently a free agent. Maybe we should sign him to cover for Tootle/ Hawkridge continue the family legacy and keep Elliot Hodge and Callum Saunders company in the 'famous dad's club? 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    For those of you that don't know, there's a third generation Hateley called Tom. He's a RB/RW and has played for Dundee, Motherwell and Tranmere (as well as Śląsk Wrocław in Poland).

He's currently a free agent. Maybe we should sign him to cover for Tootle/ Hawkridge continue the family legacy and keep Elliot Hodge and Callum Saunders company in the 'famous dad's club? 🙂
    Dave you obviously didn't read my post No 11
    But nice bit about Mark and AC Milan..

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I never met Tony, but I had the pleasure of meeting and filming with his son Mark last year for our film about Nottingham's AC Milan links The Lord of Milan.

Mark knew lots about both Nottingham and Notts. I asked him if he was ever close to signing for us under Pavis (which we were led to believe at the time) and the answer was "not really".

Tony gets a mention in our film via his son, Mark. So I've just left a little tribute on our Facebook page (mainly populated by AC Milan fans) for them all to see...

https://m.facebook.com/thelordofmilan
    Nice one Dave I can remember when we were linked with Mark Hateley and believe it was the time he was at Glasgow Rangers and we got McSwegan instead good player he was too.

I hated Colin Murphy for one forcing him out and two picking Jemson over him at Lincoln !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Dave you obviously didn't read my post No 11
    But nice bit about Mark and AC Milan..
    Apologies mate. Clearly i did not.

I was a 6 year old sitting on the wall in County Road (As I did for several seasons) level with the box at the Lane End and my Grandad gave me a quick sip from his hip flash at half time when my Dad wasn't looking. Very happy memories of a bygone era.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12