+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Striker Michael O'Connor had Millers trial last month

Striker Michael O'Connor had Millers trial last month

Very interesting cheers paul

Don't get how any Manager could expect to see enough in one trial match to sign anyone up.

We obviously haven't done enough research not to understand the international laws in what has prevented O'Connor trialing again.

Now it's a case of of 'We will monitor the situation'. So will many other clubs.

Too much computer and not enough live visual if you ask me. Get it done right and get someone across to see him in the flesh, that's how other clubs use their scouts and feed back to their manager on a player.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Don't get how any Manager could expect to see enough in one trial match to sign anyone up.

We obviously haven't done enough research not to understand the international laws in what has prevented O'Connor trialing again.

Now it's a case of of 'We will monitor the situation'. So will many other clubs.

Too much computer and not enough live visual if you ask me. Get it done right and get someone across to see him in the flesh, that's how other clubs use their scouts and feed back to their manager on a player.
    Spot on Brin, whatever happened to our scouts ? Another case of man being replaced by a machine ! When was the last time we unearthed an half decent player from the lower leagues, they do exist !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish miller View Post
    Spot on Brin, whatever happened to our scouts ? Another case of man being replaced by a machine ! When was the last time we unearthed an half decent player from the lower leagues, they do exist !!!!!!
    Cornish it's almost farcical. Nowt like a good pair of eyes seeing the merchandise up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Cornish it's almost farcical. Nowt like a good pair of eyes seeing the merchandise up front.
    Problem is eyes are about opinions. Would you set GWRU on as our main scout? After all he was right about vaulks

The infrastructure of RUFC is still lacking in some areas - scouting being an obvious one. A better scouting system would cost more money, but Barnsley have shown what it can deliver back, on a scale that we can currently only dream about. Hence, Barnsley are now in a position to outbid us for players.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Problem is eyes are about opinions. Would you set GWRU on as our main scout? After all he was right about vaulks
    I'm programmed to think on my feet from when I apprenticed trained in engineering. There were no help then, you had to work it out in your head. Also years spent in bookies, I learnt to look for the horse on the way up. I want progressive players right age, not short arses like Taylor. You've got to mix with abit of experience but still up to the level they are playing at. Potter would have been a player I would never have signed. We didn't know anything about him, Barker did but that was not very recent. At his age odds against him lasting his contract were high.
    Last edited by gwru; 01-02-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Pleased to see that PW has had O'Connor over for a look, & kept it relatively quiet.

Don't see why it has to now be made public ?

Not sure about the EFL rules, can we sign players from other EU leagues outside the windows ?

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Potter would have been a player I would never have signed. We didn't know anything about him, Barker did but that was not very recent. At his age odds against him lasting his contract were high.
    No, what you actually mean is, you didn't know anything him, not we. Barker last coached him less than a year before we signed him, so quite recently actually. Also, plenty of players signed at 32 manage to see out a 2 year contract. So he's got injured, it happens, he was playing well when he was fit, he'll probably play well when he's fit again.

At the start of the season you wanted rid of Taylor, then, inexplicably, you decided he was the best winger at the club, now he's been injured you want rid again, what changed? Anybody would think you're on a wind up...

Oh and as for all the years in the bookies, are you in profit?

Oh and you're repeating yourself.

Again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast