+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50 years ago today.........

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    TC never disappointed. I had the good fortune to watch him home and as often as possible away from 1970 to his departure as a 10 year old. He and Woody were my idols. My bedroom wall were adorned with their pictures culled from newspapers,Shoot magazine ,The Park Drive Book of Football, Kenneth Wolstenhomes Annuals,The Football League Review,that great little supplement given free with match day programmes and any other sources I could find.
    I worshipped TC and my life dipped the day I learned he had been sold. I was stood on the John St Terrace watching the reserves when the news broke.

David Brooks. Step up son. You can be the legend for this generation.
    Yeah, remember the Black and White cuttings from the newspapers and the scrap books I used to make up.
    Shoot magazines famous "League Ladders" and the annuals we got at Christmas.

What really sticks in the mind and is indicative of a shift in attitudes and society was the "Park Drive" - Book of Football !!!.
    I reckon some unfortunate souls went quicker to their graves as the only way to purchase the book was to obtain tokens inside packs of Parky Ruffs as we called them back then,

I almost feel guilty persuading my old Dad to change from the Low Tar Bensons and Hedges to the tip - less Park Drives to get the required amount of tokens for the book,

I think you had to smoke 40 a day for a year to get the book,,,! Almost makes you cringe just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Attachment 8365

Here is what you young people missed out on,this is a Genius
    That is a magnificent foto of the GREATEST Footballer i've ever seen.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    That is a magnificent foto of the GREATEST Footballer i've ever seen.UTCB
    I think it's the Watney Cup Final at Eastville

yeah the shoot magazine league ladders used to love them also used to use em for me own cup draw 64 teams

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12