+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram71's list oh DABS that have seen the DABS be the most successful team in the city

Ram71's list oh DABS that have seen the DABS be the most successful team in the city

Name:  tumble.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  97.8 KB

There tumbleweed blows quicker than ours. FACT

And we havent seen our tumbleweed in colour.

That's us ****ed.

Angus moaning like phuck
    'eh but we've got mair tumbleweed'

And all because Badwillie tainted oor efforts!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    And all because Badwillie tainted oor efforts!
    when I saw a reply from ya, eh thought you had found someone
    ach well

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    when I saw a reply from ya, eh thought you had found someone
    ach well
    Johnathan, I did present myself! I also provided the following link which tells a very obvious story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dundee_derby

The Dees had a clean bill of health in 1893. Then season 1909-10 brought the cancer of Dundee Hibernian to the very same street. The Dees attempted to treat this cancer in its early stages by winning the Scottish Cup that same year, however this only contained the problem which soon grew into Dundee United FC. The Dees treated this invasive growth by various means, one top league win, Euro Cup semi, some league cup wins, but still couldn't halt the imperceptible spread of the DUFC cancer, viz the Jerry Kerr promotion years etc, then the full blown illness of the Jim McLean era. To all intents and purposes the slow, terminal decline of the Dees began to show after league reconstruction and several times it looked as though the death knell was sounded. But hold on the brave Dees did, surviving against the odds, even showing occasional signs of partial recovery. Then a cure of sorts was found, in the name of one Stephen Thompson. Whilst the Dees failed to enjoy a full recovery and the danger of relapse seems not far from the door, the malignant tumour of DUFC began to disappear. It has not vanished completely, but it nevertheless shows no signs of returning to its former threat and indeed there is more chance of the tumour disappearing altogether than there is of the Dees succumbing to the threat.

I can assure you that no-one at Dens ever gave a phukk about the wee team doon the road, why would they?

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I can assure you that no-one at Dens ever gave a phukk about the wee team doon the road, why would they?
    You hit the nail on the head my dear friend. Ignore the cancer and it spreads!

Wouldn't use cancer as an analogy, Dundee United Football Company are more like a tapeworm, living in a sort of harmony with its host, sucking up all the nutrients and getting fat. Thankfully the worm tablets ingested on 2 May 2016 did the trick and bowels were evacuated successfully. No more tapeworm.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Wouldn't use cancer as an analogy, Dundee United Football Company are more like a tapeworm, living in a sort of harmony with its host, sucking up all the nutrients and getting fat. Thankfully the worm tablets ingested on 2 May 2016 did the trick and bowels were evacuated successfully. No more tapeworm.
    😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)