+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saxo to claretsmad

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    We've had lovely weather for months here, but a massive storm yesterday.
    Innocent look...
    Hands in pockets...
    "Whistle, whistle..."
    Has this thread stopped yet?
    sigh ...... So .....who's going to win the Super Bowl then?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    sigh ...... So .....who's going to win the Super Bowl then?
    I wish it could be my team Dallas, but we're not there yet again. But we'll take it as a big consolation if those dirty pesky (did I say dirty ?) Philly Eagles get hammered. Its an Nfc East divisional thing of course.

By the way Blacky Rovers, what can you tell us Burnsley lot about Conor Mahoney who we've signed on loan for the season ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

By the way Blacky Rovers, what can you tell us Burnsley lot about Conor Mahoney who we've signed on loan for the season ?.
    Very raw talent who has been rotting away in Bournemouth's reserves all season. A bench player I'd say at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Very raw talent who has been rotting away in Bournemouth's reserves all season. A bench player I'd say at the moment.
    Hey up Sax, we brought him on today too late as it turned out, I think most of us think he should have started and had a go at them out on the wing right from the first minute, or at least for the whole of the second half anyway.
    I got the impression its not worked out for him down at Bournemouth and if he does ok for us and if we stay up of course, Im wondering if it will be a loan deal 'with a view to a permanant' deal etc ?.

Hey up Sax, we brought him on today too late as it turned out, I think most of us think he should have started and had a go at them out on the wing right from the first minute, or at least for the whole of the second half anyway.
    I got the impression its not worked out for him down at Bournemouth and if he does ok for us and if we stay up of course, Im wondering if it will be a loan deal 'with a view to a permanant' deal etc ?.
    He was a real prospect at Rovers, and if we got promoted, he may like to return to his hometown club, but I think the manner in which he left rules that out. You've got a shot possibly.

He was a real prospect at Rovers, and if we got promoted, he may like to return to his hometown club, but I think the manner in which he left rules that out. You've got a shot possibly.
    I honestly didnt know he was a Rovers hometown kid Sax, so thats positive to hear hes a northerner like we all are on here lol. And maybe he does want to come back up north in the summer.
    If you lot come back up to the Champship then surely he will overlook us for your team, but that depends on what you mean by 'the manner in which he left' etc.

I honestly didnt know he was a Rovers hometown kid Sax, so thats positive to hear hes a northerner like we all are on here lol. And maybe he does want to come back up north in the summer.
    If you lot come back up to the Champship then surely he will overlook us for your team, but that depends on what you mean by 'the manner in which he left' etc.
    I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but it was allegedly a little bitter. I don't wish to go into specifics I've only read about online.

I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but it was allegedly a little bitter. I don't wish to go into specifics I've only read about online.
    Yep thats fair enough Sax, and I wont be nosey anymore lol.
    Do you lot reckon Wigan are the Lg One favourites this season, and your challenging for the runners up spot. Im impressed at how well Shrewsbury have done, it would be ace to see them go up just for the so called fairytale of it. If not, Id like to see one of my fellow Yorkie teams Rotherham or Bradford go up, but then again that has everything to do with if we stay up doesnt it. (know what I mean!! )

Acido - Mahoney has great potential. I'm sure he'd have done better to stay at Rovers and play than sit on a bench, but agents are agents, and the lure of the higher Division is difficult to resist. He has good ball-control and fair pace. He can also see a pass. He should be an asset to you.
    As for us, we haven't been able to match Wigan and Shrewsbury's consistency. We have done better against the better teams!
    One difference is, we are still settling in lots of new players.
    I will be content with the play-offs, but we have so many impatient supporters. I don't know if we are worse in this respect because of history. If so, that really doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Acido - Mahoney has great potential. I'm sure he'd have done better to stay at Rovers and play than sit on a bench, but agents are agents, and the lure of the higher Division is difficult to resist. He has good ball-control and fair pace. He can also see a pass. He should be an asset to you.
    As for us, we haven't been able to match Wigan and Shrewsbury's consistency. We have done better against the better teams!
    One difference is, we are still settling in lots of new players.
    I will be content with the play-offs, but we have so many impatient supporters. I don't know if we are worse in this respect because of history. If so, that really doesn't make sense.
    Its not impatience aucks, if we don't go up this season its financial disaster and will very likely lead to decades in the lower divisions, maybe even non league.

Your blindness to the predicament our club is in is baffling. You seem to choose to ignore it like we are just like any other club.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)