+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fitba-How To Make Friends And Influence People

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Chic McClelland used to do the "goal getters" clubs. Legend. I won the navy spew top one year
    I used to coach on that for a week in Easter and Summer. Willie West of the Broch, Lewis McKimmie and Josh Winton of Banks o Dee were stars.

1. Pretty sure I was at the game ...
    2. Got the programme ( one of about 3000 approx)
    3. Chic used to coach our primary team at Ashley Road once a week. A great lad, and I remember him telling us about him getting sent off - need to check records - for punching one of the opposition! He said he’d deserved the red, but the opponent deserved the fist!
    4. Going to fitba abroad is ace, especially in Germany. Will be at Hannover 96 v Freiburg next Saturday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

I have done a bit of travelling in the last couple of yearsi have met some sound folk. Its down to my constant wearing of my Dons tourie. Its definitely a attention grabber. Anyone can wear a Barca, Man City, Munure etc hat. Only Dons fans wear Dons garb. Ive been bought pints, got free gifts from club shops and even ended up having a lock in with Feyenood fans on a boat bar on a canal untill 6am. But today tops the lot. I met a few Fortuna Dusseldorf fans last night. One of which was about 60 odd. He told me he was at Pittodrie in 79(it was 78). Had a blether over a few beers. His stories about dropping from Bundesliga, then down down down and only escaping the 5th tier as teams werent granted permission to go up were awesome and interesting. He told me to meet him today for a beer as he had something for me. Sounds a bit weird but i agreed. His gift was the above programme. What a guy

Off the Ball on Saturday were talking about how football brings people together. This is a prime example. Good man

Were any of you older gents at that game
    I was there.
    3-0 doon fae the first game, Bobby Clark had been oot injured and Fergie played a blinder brought him back for that game and the tannoy gave it the big un
    "Number 1 it's a warm welcome back for BOBBY CLARK".
    This got he crowd going.
    We absolutely toasted them from the off but couldnae score, 0-0 at the half.
    Scored 2 goals in pretty quick succession as I mind with plenty time to tie it up.

Had at least two stonewallers KB-ed.
    Absolutely pummelled them but coudlnae get it into extra time.

I seem to recall there was a minor controversy post match.

Apparently it was common practice then for visiting Euro refs to be showered with gifts, ranging from Rolex to hookers, and generous hospitality.

Chairman Dick refused to indulge in this and, apparently, this was behind the ref's dire performance when he just never gave us a thing.

Cracking Euro night at the Pitt, came up just short.

Not only was I at the game, I was one of AAAC youth runners that provided pre-match ‘entertainment’, a1500m round the track. Only time i’ve run out the tunnel 😃

Btw, great story pac min, what a great gesture fae the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Not only was I at the game, I was one of AAAC youth runners that provided pre-match ‘entertainment’, a1500m round the track. Only time i’ve run out the tunnel ��
    AYE??

I mind the pre Euro races back in them days.

Fair to say you hinna maintained your runners' physique......

Chic's not very well I believe.

All the best min.

I once actually got money out of him for a pair of specs.
    I believe that entitles me to my picture in Pittodrie's Hall of Fame

I was there too and still have the programme. To be honest, I don't remember too much about it, only that we put up a good fight and ran them really close.

They went all the way to the final that season and lost 4-3 to Barca after extra time.

Pretty sure that was the start of a 4 year period where we got knocked out by the eventual winners or finalists every season, until we decided to get in on the act ourselves.

In the main stand with my dad. I remember the runners. No Fraser Clyne that night? Chic was our neighbor at Newburgh Crescent, he stayed a few doors up.

If I remember rightly it was a boy's race before the game and then a proper mannies' race at half time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast