+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitba-How To Make Friends And Influence People

Fitba-How To Make Friends And Influence People

I have done a bit of travelling in the last couple of yearsi have met some sound folk. Its down to my constant wearing of my Dons tourie. Its definitely a attention grabber. Anyone can wear a Barca, Man City, Munure etc hat. Only Dons fans wear Dons garb. Ive been bought pints, got free gifts from club shops and even ended up having a lock in with Feyenood fans on a boat bar on a canal untill 6am. But today tops the lot. I met a few Fortuna Dusseldorf fans last night. One of which was about 60 odd. He told me he was at Pittodrie in 79(it was 78). Had a blether over a few beers. His stories about dropping from Bundesliga, then down down down and only escaping the 5th tier as teams werent granted permission to go up were awesome and interesting. He told me to meet him today for a beer as he had something for me. Sounds a bit weird but i agreed. His gift was the above programme. What a guy

Off the Ball on Saturday were talking about how football brings people together. This is a prime example. Good man

Were any of you older gents at that game
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 02-02-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

I have done a bit of travelling in the last couple of yearsi have met some sound folk. Its down to my constant wearing of my Dons tourie. Its definitely a attention grabber. Anyone can wear a Barca, Man City, Munure etc hat. Only Dons fans wear Dons garb. Ive been bought pints, got free gifts from club shops and even ended up having a lock in with Feyenood fans on a boat bar on a canal untill 6am. But today tops the lot. I met a few Fortuna Dusseldorf fans last night. One of which was about 60 odd. He told me he was at Pittodrie in 79(it was 78). Had a blether over a few beers. His stories about dropping from Bundesliga, then down down down and only escaping the 5th tier as teams werent granted permission to go up were awesome and interesting. He told me to meet him today for a beer as he had something for me. Sounds a bit weird but i agreed. His gift was the above programme. What a guy

Off the Ball on Saturday were talking about how football brings people together. This is a prime example. Good man

16,800 Saw the Dons win 2-0 but went out having lost the 1st leg 3-0

Drew Jarvie and Chic McClelland scored

Yes. One of Chic McClelland’s few goals for us. I think Jarvie got the other.

Chic McClelland used to do the "goal getters" clubs. Legend. I won the navy spew top one year

I was at that game , but can't remember much about it.

had that program but gave them all away years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Magic

Program looks in pretty good nick as well.

I wasn't at the game - school night - but remember the name - Fortuna Dusseldorf - brilliant name.

Several years later I was over in Amsterstrudel visiting my Dutch Dons buddy and we went on a wee road trip to Dusseldorf and just had to stop by the stadium for a goosey .... just because they played us in 1978 ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast