+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fitba-How To Make Friends And Influence People

I was there in the Beach End. Always loved the name Fortuna Dusseldorf. Marek Dimitrov was another. Must dig out my old programmes.
    Happy days.

Another excellent gesture today

This time Go Ahead Eagles in Holland

Next week I'm nipping over to Deventer and inevitably taking in the excellently named previously managed by Jimmy Calderwood Go Ahead Eagles.

This morning I tried to buy a ticket for their match v Almere City. I went to register for a club card but you have to have a Dutch address. So I found a contact number and phoned them. The guy on the other end was surprised someone from Aberdeen was travelling over to Deventer to watch them. We talked a few minutes about football then he put me on hold. When he came back on he informed me a ticket would be waiting at the ticket office pre game with no club card needed. Then he went on to point out due to the distance I am "travelling so far to see our great little club" the ticket will be free. How awesome is that gesture? Well played Go Ahead Eagles. An uncalled for and unbelievably appreciated gesture

Class

I was also there as one of the AAAC runners doing four laps before the kick off, might have been into the second half before I got finished mind

I do remember walking out of the tunnel under the lights and thinking **** me, thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!!, beach end packed and the corner to the south stand still in place, wont get that at the milne arena..............

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Another excellent gesture today

This time Go Ahead Eagles in Holland

Next week I'm nipping over to Deventer and inevitably taking in the excellently named previously managed by Jimmy Calderwood Go Ahead Eagles.

This morning I tried to buy a ticket for their match v Almere City. I went to register for a club card but you have to have a Dutch address. So I found a contact number and phoned them. The guy on the other end was surprised someone from Aberdeen was travelling over to Deventer to watch them. We talked a few minutes about football then he put me on hold. When he came back on he informed me a ticket would be waiting at the ticket office pre game with no club card needed. Then he went on to point out due to the distance I am "travelling so far to see our great little club" the ticket will be free. How awesome is that gesture? Well played Go Ahead Eagles. An uncalled for and unbelievably appreciated gesture

Class
    Never realised they came from Deventer. Pass that place on the train from Schipol to Germany a lot. Deventer, Armesvoort, Hilversum, Almelo zzzzzzzzzzzz Always a boring train journey unless some Dutch person has jumped in front of the train (quite a common occurrence).

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Never realised they came from Deventer. Pass that place on the train from Schipol to Germany a lot. Deventer, Armesvoort, Hilversum, Almelo zzzzzzzzzzzz Always a boring train journey unless some Dutch person has jumped in front of the train (quite a common occurrence).
    I have a course in Amersfoort in April. PEC Zwolle are just up the road and at home when im there (Groningen I think). Bonus.

Does that train go through Appeldoorn. My U14s team played a tournament there. All the way there and our frst game was v Stoneywood

I have a course in Amersfoort in April. PEC Zwolle are just up the road and at home when im there (Groningen I think). Bonus.

Does that train go through Appeldoorn. My U14s team played a tournament there. All the way there and our frst game was v Stoneywood
    Yep. On the Berlin line, Appledoorn is definitely a stop.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Not only was I at the game, I was one of AAAC youth runners that provided pre-match ‘entertainment’, a1500m round the track. Only time i’ve run out the tunnel 😃
    Thats a blast from past, I'd forgotten about the runners doing laps round the pitch.

I remember the boy doing keepy uppies at half-time, cannae mind what match it was though - might've been Ipswich or Bayern.

I have done a bit of travelling in the last couple of yearsi have met some sound folk. Its down to my constant wearing of my Dons tourie. Its definitely a attention grabber. Anyone can wear a Barca, Man City, Munure etc hat. Only Dons fans wear Dons garb. Ive been bought pints, got free gifts from club shops and even ended up having a lock in with Feyenood fans on a boat bar on a canal untill 6am. But today tops the lot. I met a few Fortuna Dusseldorf fans last night. One of which was about 60 odd. He told me he was at Pittodrie in 79(it was 78). Had a blether over a few beers. His stories about dropping from Bundesliga, then down down down and only escaping the 5th tier as teams werent granted permission to go up were awesome and interesting. He told me to meet him today for a beer as he had something for me. Sounds a bit weird but i agreed. His gift was the above programme. What a guy

Off the Ball on Saturday were talking about how football brings people together. This is a prime example. Good man

Were any of you older gents at that game
    Mind the game vaguely, must of bunked off school to get to this one, nice gift and you are correct , fitba is a common denominator in life’s travels.

SF

Was out for a meal on Hogmany, the mannie at the next table was from Milan so strangely enough the conversation turned to football.

I had heard him earlier talking about Real Madrid to a table of Spaniards.

Anyway, I was telling him I was a regular at San Siro when Milan had Gullit, van Basten etc.
    Great team of course but he was actually a Juve fan.

Oh aye, a great player that Anastasi, I saw him score at Pittodrie.
    I was just adding that he wasn't as good as Joe Harper though, when the guy said "Anastasi? that was ages ago.

Yes, said I, 1971 at Pittodrie, 1-1, Joe Harper and Anastasi

1971? he said, that was the year I was born.

I'm getting auld

After the non chat up their own arse Heerenveen w@nkers last night i get the amazing surprise of a free ticket for Zwolle tonight. I emailed in advance and had a yap with Emmeline expalining im from Aberdeen etc. Turned up tonight and met Emmelline and got a free brief due to the distance i had travelled.

Fitbas great when the clubs want it to be

Two free tickets this season. From two great rivals. Must be something in the Ijessel water
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 24-04-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast