+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: The Hamilton Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's not obsessing though. They are our closest rivals. You can't win anything in this country without beating your closest rivals.
    My post wasn't aimed at you (or anyone else for that matter) - was just a general observation.

I agree with your point to an extent - although if we won pretty much every league game with the exception of the OF ones, on the basis that they'll slip up against other teams we could still win it. I'm not belittling the importance of beating the OF though - it is important for multiple reasons - my point was really just that the players (more than the fans) need to just keep focussing on each game as it comes rather than looking ahead to OF games that are a few weeks off. The fact we build the games up for weeks in advance probably doesn't help - if the players just treated it as any other game, similar to how they approach games against Hearts and Hibs for example, I think we'd likely do better.

The only teams we need to beat are the OF. Games against the other teams will be taken care of in the normal run of events but the OF need to be battered every game. Our players and the management need to get help to overcome this fear they have when playing Celtic or Rangers. Six other teams in the Premiership have taken points off of Celtic for example: Kilmarnock (twice), Rangers, Hearts, Hibs (twice), Motherwell and St Johnstone. So expecting us to take something from those games is not unrealistic nor is it focusing on the OF to the exclusion of everyone else. It's just expecting us to match the rest and get some points. At home we should be winning 3 out of 4 against the OF. Anything less speaks of fear and lack of bottle.

Just to remind those of you who think its ok to ignore the results against the OF these are the numbers for this season.

P5 W0 D0 L5 F1 A13 Pts0

0-3 : 0-3 : 1-2 : 0-3 : 0-2

Fif**** points given away, one goal scored. Jesus! Beat the OF and we win the league in a good year. It is that simple!

Are we back to people building up their hopes of us winning the league because we cut the pigs lead to 8 points

Absolutely no chance in a million years we will win the league for a number of reasons,some more obvious than others but we really should be focusing on winning the Scottish Cup,fair enough try to win every game in the league but we went through this in the Delia years and it almost feels as though the club took their focus off the cup competitions in those seasons.

I even remember a few fans saying on here "its only the league cup" when Hibs knocked us out the season we won our first 7 or 8 league games.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Are we back to people building up their hopes of us winning the league because we cut the pigs lead to 8 points

Absolutely no chance in a million years we will win the league for a number of reasons,some more obvious than others but we really should be focusing on winning the Scottish Cup,fair enough try to win every game in the league but we went through this in the Delia years and it almost feels as though the club took their focus off the cup competitions in those seasons.

I even remember a few fans saying on here "its only the league cup" when Hibs knocked us out the season we won our first 7 or 8 league games.
    Pant pisher 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Pant pisher 😉
    Happy clapping top red now pant pisher.

Make up your mind man

Nice to see a few new faces on here.

The only flaw I can see in the argument re the different psychology now and under Fergie is that for the best part of his tenure we actually had better individual players and a team than Celtic and certainly far better than the Huns. Celtic and Rangers were competing for the same players as we were and most of the time when faced with the choice the players elected to come to us. I believe we were actually paying better money than the 2 cheeks during that period also.

The frustrating part is that Deek is giving us a platform by taking a lot of points off the lesser teams for us to be able to treat the games against the Huns and Celtic as real one off games where we can afford to go for it against them where failure will not have a significant impact on us finishing above the other nine teams. A free hit if you like. I'm at a loss to explain just how bad we have been against the Huns this season.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Happy clapping top red pant pisher.
    Fify 😎👍🏽

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post

The only flaw I can see in the argument re the different psychology now and under Fergie is that for the best part of his tenure we actually had better individual players and a team than Celtic and certainly far better than the Huns. .
    We do have better players than Sevco, but still pee our pants against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    We do have better players than Sevco, but still pee our pants against them.
    Totally agree with this.

There is no way we should be dropping so many points to the huns, let alone cellic.

Someone mentioned it earlier as well. I am pretty sure both the ar$e cheeks raise their game against us as the both see us as their main rivals now, for differing reasons. Still no excuse why we cant raise ours though.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast