+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hecky signs new contract

They only bought the club 5 weeks ago and they’re getting some right stick

Make no wonder Cryne struggled to find someone to buy us

Yep thats true esr but the war chest PC left for the January transfer window will arrive in china about now

Quote Originally Posted by Kevthetyke View Post
    Yep thats true esr but the war chest PC left for the January transfer window will arrive in china about now

Do you really think that Chien Lee will have taken money from out of the club and sent it to China . Do you think all the other owners and Directors are in on it as well or is it just Lee who’s clearing us out ?

what war chest
    Pat would have took what is owed before his passing and most of the rest would have been put aside to use to as needed id be suprised if there was more than a few mill left.

I’d guess the same , we’ve just spent about £1.5m this window haven’t we .

Regular posters will be aware av sed my piece on being wary of the new owner's motives prior to January and sed, fo me, Chien Watch was ovva until I saw them doing things to either praise or otherwise. I did say I would look at the OGC Nice model as one to consider as that was two or three years down the line and showed how they balance the books on transfers and wages wi art spending their own brass. Instead they have focussed on land development (leisure/hotels) in and around Nice. (For ESR it hadn't slipped my notice that Nice lost to bottom club Metz last weekend ) Red Flag ez raised some interesting points and I agree with Animal's and Pass's recent posts abart not pillakin us abart and wondering WHY are they really here, summat av being wondering fo months.
    The lack of additional funding being put into the transfer window budget in addition to what was already in the club's accounts didn't surprise me. I hope the "it's too good to be true" mentality abart our finances/plan doesn't end in relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I’d guess the same , we’ve just spent about £1.5m this window haven’t we .
    Minus the MacDonald fee from Hull (undisclosed).

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Minus the MacDonald fee from Hull (undisclosed).
    Forgot about that

There certainly not here to make our little club great.I think they see us as a scrap car, once they have sold all the sellable parts they will move on and then we will just be a shell. I am curious why the 3 other clubs didnt want these to invest

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Regular posters will be aware av sed my piece on being wary of the new owner's motives prior to January and sed, fo me, Chien Watch was ovva until I saw them doing things to either praise or otherwise. I did say I would look at the OGC Nice model as one to consider as that was two or three years down the line and showed how they balance the books on transfers and wages wi art spending their own brass. Instead they have focussed on land development (leisure/hotels) in and around Nice. (For ESR it hadn't slipped my notice that Nice lost to bottom club Metz last weekend ) Red Flag ez raised some interesting points and I agree with Animal's and Pass's recent posts abart not pillakin us abart and wondering WHY are they really here, summat av being wondering fo months.
    The lack of additional funding being put into the transfer window budget in addition to what was already in the club's accounts didn't surprise me. I hope the "it's too good to be true" mentality abart our finances/plan doesn't end in relegation.
    Let's assume they have bought the club to gain a foothold in the community , I still don't understand why you would need to have that kind of monkey on your back just to get a foot in the door .

BMBC would talk to anyone wishing to invest in the area and create jobs which will add value to the local economy , you don't need to buy a football club to do that , Steve Houghton would be kissing your feet at the first meeting .

Building hotels ? , but for who ? , where is the need ? , I personally don't see a market there .

Build a huge factory manufacturing and that's our bag and need , not their game though really .

Their statement was long but said nothing of substance within it .

They can't be idiots , pretty much all self made , the fact that nothing currently stacks up leaves you more uneasy about it .

We need to see their cards sooner rather than later and some straight talk , it's the only way with us and let's see what's what .

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast