+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T - Thank you John Mann, MP

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    The referendum winners.

Ooooh ...... and I think the Donald is going to crush that Mueller bloke. You know the one Sid .... the one you said would get our Don removed from office. Ah well, when will you Lefties ever learn. My £20 looks safer every passing week, just a pity I've another 3 years wait to collect.
    Why would he want or need to crush Mueller if he's got nothing to hide?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think he means the 1/3rd minority of the electorate who voted to leave.

[Oh no, now I've done it haven't I!]
    I think that he meant the majority of the electorate who voted to leave, despite all the desperate attempts by the Government and establishment to force them to stay.

You know, the ones who actually won the vote under the rules established (and bent) by the Remainers.

The referendum winners.

Ooooh ...... and I think the Donald is going to crush that Mueller bloke. You know the one Sid .... the one you said would get our Don removed from office. Ah well, when will you Lefties ever learn. My £20 looks safer every passing week, just a pity I've another 3 years wait to collect.
    If you are prepared to wait a bit longer, you could roll-over the winnings to a bet that he will win a second term.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Is it true that they refer to us westerners as "round eyes"?
    No, they would generally use dà bízi, meaning "big nose." Big nose is often used by the Chinese as a name for westerners. Try googling it and you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Why would he want or need to crush Mueller if he's got nothing to hide?
    Meant in the context that Trump will publicly ridicule Mueller for failing to prove anything. According to Sid's original hysterical reasoning's on the matter, all we had to do was wait for Mueller's report which could then have possibly had Trump impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    If you are prepared to wait a bit longer, you could roll-over the winnings to a bet that he will win a second term.
    I'd do that now....... I think it's nailed on he'll piss a second term. He's earning people money and that's one thing the Yanks love above all. I don't particularly like the bloke but I admire him making things happen for his country.

Meant in the context that Trump will publicly ridicule Mueller for failing to prove anything. According to Sid's original hysterical reasoning's on the matter, all we had to do was wait for Mueller's report which could then have possibly had Trump impeached.
    Nothing hysterical. I remain confident that he will be nailed one way or another despite cutting down on his strident tone of late.

Well they're queuing up to plea bargain but we'll have to wait and see. They might get as high up as Trump, they might not.

I agree that the sensible thing to do would be wait and see what the investigation brings, Trump seems to be worried though having asked members of the judiciary for 'personal loyalty' and having to be talked out of sacking Mueller.

I'm uneasy with the idea of a president trying to besmirch the good name of law enforcement agencies for personal gain, and it's especially ironic in his case seeing as the FBI's impartiality helped him get elected (by announcing they were looking into Hilary's emails close to the election) but I'm sure it'll work, Berlusconi did it for years in Italy and it worked wonders for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Nothing hysterical. I remain confident that he will be nailed one way or another despite cutting down on his strident tone of late.
    Not hysterical in the correct meaning Sidney - just a figure of speech.

He might be nailed eventually but not on the Mueller inquiry (the Russian connection) which I suspect you were fervently wishing for.

At the end of the day Trump was a big hitter in the land of big hitters long before he ran for the Presidency. I think the guy had achieved all he could in his field and decided to go for the big one purely to prove to himself he could do it against all the odds. These sort of blokes always want the best and he's pulled off the biggest of the lot - hence my admiration for his achievement.

He's a vain bugger, brash and arrogant, not nice admittedly ..... BUT a winning businessman and prepared to forego the niceties of PC correctness and the accepted way of diplomacy to get the US back on track. I'm just an amateur observer but thinking about things ... the Rocketman has been very quiet of late, sanctions really biting eh? The North and South are very slowly beginning to talk again ... something that hasn't happened for 30 odd years, the American rust belt has been re*****ised and the lower business taxes HAVE resulted in more pay for the workers. Unemployment is apparently dropping and the Wall Street money men are having a ball.

I agree with you, his tone has softened but he's getting what he set out to do. In fact it seems to me he's done more good in 12 months than Obama the orator achieved in 8 years. Anyway just my thoughts as you know I rate salesmen and deal makers very highly irrespective of their political leanings.

Aye ..... and that scruffy object of humanity who confronted Jacob was a wonderful example of British educated youth wasn't he?
    Even if a Labour politician had been his target I'd have still had him put away for affray. No doubt drugged up - another one of the downtrodden agitators who fester our streets and yet have been given a decent upbringing ........ Tossers the lot of 'em.

Not hysterical in the correct meaning Sidney - just a figure of speech.

He might be nailed eventually but not on the Mueller inquiry (the Russian connection) which I suspect you were fervently wishing for.

At the end of the day Trump was a big hitter in the land of big hitters long before he ran for the Presidency. I think the guy had achieved all he could in his field and decided to go for the big one purely to prove to himself he could do it against all the odds. These sort of blokes always want the best and he's pulled off the biggest of the lot - hence my admiration for his achievement.

He's a vain bugger, brash and arrogant, not nice admittedly ..... BUT a winning businessman and prepared to forego the niceties of PC correctness and the accepted way of diplomacy to get the US back on track. I'm just an amateur observer but thinking about things ... the Rocketman has been very quiet of late, sanctions really biting eh? The North and South are very slowly beginning to talk again ... something that hasn't happened for 30 odd years, the American rust belt has been re*****ised and the lower business taxes HAVE resulted in more pay for the workers. Unemployment is apparently dropping and the Wall Street money men are having a ball.

I agree with you, his tone has softened but he's getting what he set out to do. In fact it seems to me he's done more good in 12 months than Obama the orator achieved in 8 years. Anyway just my thoughts as you know I rate salesmen and deal makers very highly irrespective of their political leanings.

Aye ..... and that scruffy object of humanity who confronted Jacob was a wonderful example of British educated youth wasn't he?
    Even if a Labour politician had been his target I'd have still had him put away for affray. No doubt drugged up - another one of the downtrodden agitators who fester our streets and yet have been given a decent upbringing ........ Tossers the lot of 'em.

You forgot to mention, these left wing thugs have toilet paper degrees, that makes it all right.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast