+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t I think Jacob Rees Mogg is..

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just over 100 years ago working class people were sent over the top to meet certain death during the first world war .

It was the likes of Mogg who gave the orders 20 miles behind the front , sat in a French Chateaux , with enough wine and fine food to feed three battalion's of " Pal's " .

Each to their own fire .
    One for you that Grist. Us and them by Pink Floyd illustrates the above point very well. Pink Floyd or Rees Mogg? Decide which one you can't rationally have both.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 06-02-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just over 100 years ago working class people were sent over the top to meet certain death during the first world war .

It was the likes of Mogg who gave the orders 20 miles behind the front , sat in a French Chateaux , with enough wine and fine food to feed three battalion's of " Pal's " .

Each to their own fire .
    Sounds great, but bears little resemblance to reality (a bit like a Labour party manifesto, some might say).

Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-25776836

See point 4

So they bloody should it wasn't the working man's warwas it Mr Kerr. Read yer history. Even o level students in the 70s knew thatit was to do with colonialism and powerful alliances.Tut tut and I thought you were educated.

My great uncle got blown up in the trenches in the first world war and for what? My grandad was also gassed which he never recovered from.I never knew him because he died before I was born,My family gained feck all from the first world war as ordinary folk.

If the rich and powerful want to start wars they can bloody fight em. The first World war was not my grandads or greatr uncles fight but they were conned into believing it was.

The second world war for me was all about stopping nazism which is arguably summat worth fighting for as working class people but then you get idiots on here defending extreme right wing politics like Great fire and Grist to name but two. We might have well as losr the 2nd world war and they would have had the set up they wish.

So basically dont talk bollax eh?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 06-02-2018 at 10:15 PM.

People who learned WWI history from the fourth series of Blackadder.

Think you would have personally shaken hands with Hitler if he had invaded Britain eh Greatfire? You talk the same talk.

Roly, why do you keep sucking up to scruffy working class b@stards?

I hope you are not referring to my great uncle and grandad with that comment IBS otherwise you can publicly apologise. It just isn't funny is it?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 06-02-2018 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I hope you are not referring to my great uncle and grandad with that comment IBS otherwise you can publicly apologise. It just isn't funny is it?
    And what about all the Eton Toffs who died?

Don't they matter?

Do they not suffer when the bombs are ripping bodies limb from limb?

You haven't read my post above.have you?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 06-02-2018 at 10:44 PM.

I have read hundreds of your posts.

The fact that you imply grist and great fire are Nazis is an insult to your brave relatives. I will be honest now, if war heroes fromWW1 and WW2 met great fire and grist in a boozer and you described them as extremists or Nazis etc they would laugh their heads off at you.

To say that people who have concerns about immigration, or who maybe conservative or UKIP are like the butchers of the Third Reich is laughable and a million miles away from the truth. Time and time again left wingers use this emotive and exaggerated speech to distort the facts.

It's like this in your world: rich and upper class is bad
    Poor and working class is good

Its so one dimensional. do you really think the world and people are that simple?

No one on here has said anything about JRM..which has any value....they have heard his accent and the fact that he is upper class and just dismissed him. It really is puerile.
    Last edited by the_idiotb_stardson; 06-02-2018 at 10:57 PM.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast