Champs, I seem to recall that your parents had a place out in Italy a while back. Also that you enjoyed visiting there, and whilst doing so got to know and enjoy the Italian 'mentality'.
You may recall that I told you that I had spent some employment time there up in Piedmontese (Juve country).
With me working with them, I became fascinated with their 'idiosyncrasies', and very much 'entertained by them.
My son in law left a book with me that I read and thoroughly enjoyed, probably mainly because of my earlier experiences out there. And I have just recently started re reading it (which is unusual for me).
Now it may well be I am telling you something you already know and have seen / read, but anyway:
It's called 'A Season with Verona', by Tim Parks. It is just what its title suggests.
If your parents place was around about that way, you may be aware that their nickname is the ' Giallo Blu' and their followers : the Brigate!
With our recent postings focussed on our BRFC vs BFC 'rivalry', and your knowledge of the Italian way, I thought I should suggest you try it.
If this is something you have not seen and read, given your visitations out there and your obvious love of all things football I am thinking that it could be a very entertaining read for you.

Mr Optomistic .