+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Change in disciplinary punishments

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    Remember the moment you discovered that your dad was also your uncle? And you went round proudly proclaiming the fact. Well Mr R4J, you doing the same thing here again.
    This has to be the icing on the cake of ****e coming from your mouth that tops the whole lot. Let’s see what heaps of ****e you come up with next.[/QUOTE]

And now for a bit of comedy gold. I apologise to other members here. This is addressed to Donkey Kong.

Oooo, so I touched a nerve eh? But it was way fine of you to mock RR's mom, call him scum and accuse RA and others of engaging in homo***ual activity. But blow me, when you get a healthy dose back, you play 'Mr I'm Mr Innocent Virgin Victim.'

Well kid, if you don't like it, then don't do it. Anyway it's way past your bedtime. Go on, have a glass milk and off to bed.
    Good night dear. Sweet dreams...

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    This has to be the icing on the cake of ****e coming from your mouth that tops the whole lot. Let’s see what heaps of ****e you come up with next.
    And now for a bit of comedy gold. I apologise to other members here. This is addressed to Donkey Kong.

Oooo, so I touched a nerve eh? But it was way fine of you to mock RR's mom, call him scum and accuse RA and others of engaging in homo***ual activity. But blow me, when you get a healthy dose back, you play 'Mr I'm Mr Innocent Virgin Victim.'

Well kid, if you don't like it, then don't do it. Anyway it's way past your bedtime. Go on, have a glass milk and off to bed.
    Good night dear. Sweet dreams...[/QUOTE]

Yawn! anything else....

Yawn! anything else....
    See I told you it was bedtime. Good night darling....

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    See I told you it was bedtime. Good night darling....
    You wish.....

Good night dear. Sweet dreams...

Blame you if you get a healthy dose back umm... who started all this that’s right you lot so don’t give me all this crap.

You wish.....
    You're right....

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    This thread has gone of topic Thought we were discussing the tackle on Sane and Peps reaction to it Well why Rob tries to justify that tackle I find astonishing He says what's is the defender supposed to do when a skillful player like Sane is running at you Well for a start he wasn't running at Bennett he was running away from him and that was a calculated injury inducing tackle Afraid when you play a Warnock team this is always likely to happen to skillful players So watch out Vydra you will be top of the list when we play them
    I wasn’t trying to justify the Bennet tackle Mista, I was attempting to raise a general question about whether the current punishments need extending. So you can slim down your astonishment! I was trying to add context by what Pep is currently saying about player protection in general. That tackle was X-Rated and the player did get the right punishment although do you think it was enough??
    I was trying to make the point, poorly it seems, that the quicker the attacking player is, the more likely he is to be on the end of a poor tackle. It doesn’t always mean it’s malicious, just a defender making a genuine attempt that he doesn’t get right. More than a yellow but less than a red. Sin bins??

Shame though that out of 90 odd replies, only yours, Anags and maybe a couple others have discussed the point!!

Rob Yes I've read it again please accept my apologies

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_the_Ram View Post
    I wasn’t trying to justify the Bennet tackle Mista, I was attempting to raise a general question about whether the current punishments need extending. So you can slim down your astonishment! I was trying to add context by what Pep is currently saying about player protection in general. That tackle was X-Rated and the player did get the right punishment although do you think it was enough??
    I was trying to make the point, poorly it seems, that the quicker the attacking player is, the more likely he is to be on the end of a poor tackle. It doesn’t always mean it’s malicious, just a defender making a genuine attempt that he doesn’t get right. More than a yellow but less than a red. Sin bins??

Shame though that out of 90 odd replies, only yours, Anags and maybe a couple others have discussed the point!!
    Did he ‘get the right punishment’, Rob? It’s a while ago now, but I thought he only got a yellow and was sent off towards the end for a second yellow.
    I’d have given a straight red for the foul on Sane, but the confusion over the penalties in yesterday’s match at Anfield does show how hard the officials’ job can be.
    Still think Jerome’s yellow against Bristol should be rescinded. Don’t think there’s a facility for it but there should be imo.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 05-02-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Did he ‘get the right punishment’, Rob? It’s a while ago now, but I thought he only got a yellow and was sent off towards the end for a second yellow.
    I’d have given a straight red for the foul on Sane, but the confusion over the penalties in yesterday’s match at Anfield does show how hard the officials’ job can be.
    Still think Jerome’s yellow against Bristol should be rescinded. Don’t think there’s a facility for it but there should be imo.
    No I don’t think Bennett got the right punishment. I think a straight red would have been the right decision.
    What I was trying to get us discussing was the general point of it’s either Nothing, Yellow Card, Red Card and the difference between Red and Yellow is huge!!
    Yellow is really just a punishment for the player that the totting up system may result in a ban. However in the actual game the offence was committed, there is no real advantage to the team that was fouled against unless in the box or they score from a free kick just outside. And no real disadvantage to the fouling team unless (as above).
    But to give a red, the ref has to be pretty definite that the foul was dangerous or reckless. Without certainty in his mind, he has to give a yellow - favouring the offending side.
    Yellows are given for removing ones shirt in the excitement of scoring, kicking the ball away, bad mouthing etc as well as serious foul play. It doesn’t seem right even though the punishments for the non football offences are known before play starts.
    I think last ditch (just mistimed) tackles such as I would expect OUR defenders to make in that situation should be Yellow with an additional punishment that benefits the attacking team.
    I’d say a 15 min Sin Bin would be about right. And just to make it so that the offending TEAM is punished and to try to stamp out such reckless fouls in the first place, how about the fouled team deciding which player from the fouling team sits out the 15 mins. Peer pressure as well as the manager’s displeasure would surely drop offending.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)