+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Profile pensions.

OT Profile pensions.

I'm 55 and just got a letter from this company wanting my permission to track down and get all my pension payments for me.

I've paid into several pensions over the last 40 years so this is the perfect opportunity for me to get it sorted.

Now this looks too good to be true which usually means it is. Ive read the letter a few times and can't see the catch.

So has anyone on here used them and if so would you recommend them or tell me to steer clear.

Thanks.

Start here before you do anything else

https://www.pensionwise.gov.uk/en/financial-advice

Thanks for the help, Grist. The company does appear legit but I'm going to get proper advice first.

If anything it's given me a nudge into sorting it out.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    Thanks for the help, Grist. The company does appear legit but I'm going to get proper advice first.

If anything it's given me a nudge into sorting it out.
    You're welcome.

It's a big decision.

Companies like Profile obviously make money from it all, some companies are prepared to go the full mile some (most) do just enough to attract the fee.

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    I'm 55 and just got a letter from this company wanting my permission to track down and get all my pension payments for me.

I've paid into several pensions over the last 40 years so this is the perfect opportunity for me to get it sorted.

Now this looks too good to be true which usually means it is. Ive read the letter a few times and can't see the catch.

So has anyone on here used them and if so would you recommend them or tell me to steer clear.

Thanks.
    You need to take control of this yourself !

These companies which are probably legit ? Rely heavily on people with no confidence or too idle to sort their
    own situation out. By the time they have taken their commission your pensions might not be worth that much anyway !

It’s easy enough, you might find that over the next few months these pension companies wil be searching for you to let you know you can draw your pension !If you have not moved home they should be able to contact you.

Also if you contact the inland revenue they will have records of tax relief you have received over these years while paying into your pension.

The work and pensions office will have further details, as I said only use this company if you are prepared to give away much of your hard earned pension !

I had the same issues ,too many pensions and no idea how to handle them regarding taking some ,saving some etc.I used a personal financial advisor who spent a few hours going through all my paperwork and hey ho ! All sorted and I now have peace of mind that my finances are in safe hands and in good order with annual reviews and advice .