+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Please go now, Artell

My latest thoughts on the Artell Out situation are these:
    He is doing his best in a difficult situation at the club, having heard the latest about what is happening behind the scenes. We all knew that our problems ran deeper than team management. Injuries have been cruel to the cause too. Difficult games since the good win on New Year's Day, so now is the time to get behind the team and give the lads a chance to redeem themselves. Who would they replace Artell with anyway? Doesn't seem there is a massive budget available to bring in an experienced pair of hands anyway.

I'm sure he's doing his best, but all the signs point to him simply being out of his depth. This squad should not be scrabbling to avoid relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    I'm sure he's doing his best, but all the signs point to him simply being out of his depth. This squad should not be scrabbling to avoid relegation.
    Agree. He is a very genuine and honest guy, but totally out of his depth. The 'dead cat bounce' of this time last year has been long gone. Best scenario for me is survival followed by resignation.

I will stick by him but he has annoyed me today with his comments on the OS
    Praising the directors for allowing him to bring in 5 loan players. Dave other clubs have bought players.
    Where's George's money gone? Out on loan?

I just worry that if Artell is ousted now, the club will not have the ambition or the funds to replace him with anyone better. At least, one would think that Artell has the respect of the players and especially those that he has signed in the window. You have to be careful what you wish for. I am inclined to go with the flow right now and just hope, that with a little good fortune we are not relegated. Big decisions then need to be made in the summer. Not only at management level, but at the very top. Not a lot we mere mortals can do now. It is out of our hands. Just get behind the team and hope things go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Whilst we still have a chance of someone else pulling us out of the mess you've created.

If there was any substance in the rumours floating around the main stand yesterday, you will get your wish - at the end of the season! Interesting choices too ............but since they are just rumours, probably best if I say no more!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    If there was any substance in the rumours floating around the main stand yesterday, you will get your wish - at the end of the season! Interesting choices too ............but since they are just rumours, probably best if I say no more!
    'Interesting' good or 'interesting' bad??

Grimsby just sacked Russell Slade - acted swiftly after a very poor run. I wouldn't want him BTW!

Who would?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Who would?
    Dave Hill and Noddy Holder?

John Coleman does really well with limited resources.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast