+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Dave Artell and Kenny Lunt have the makings of a fine management team and both are Crewe Alex through and through and how many managers can fit that description with the clubs they have managed or mismanaged? We are renown for bringing on young players and so why not young managers too. DA didn't ask for a contract but the Chairman gave him one because he saw something in this man and this team that few of us did and I wish Dario could come back into the fold to see and help them along the way.

The team have shown we are capable of great things when we can outplay clubs at the top of this league and we are safe now to progress to much better things next season. I would hope the youngsters out of contract would stay and help us along the way...Ainley is a great prospect and could be a PL player given time but he should know that moving on to soon can a disaster too. I'm sure Big Dave will guide him and advise him and then its up to him...

I can't think of any other manager that could have done much better with the squad, the injuries and the money than DA and KL and hope they too stay around a while but if they are successful and want to move on then we can only wish them well too..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Dave Artell and Kenny Lunt have the makings of a fine management team and both are Crewe Alex through and through and how many managers can fit that description with the clubs they have managed or mismanaged? We are renown for bringing on young players and so why not young managers too. DA didn't ask for a contract but the Chairman gave him one because he saw something in this man and this team that few of us did and I wish Dario could come back into the fold to see and help them along the way.

The team have shown we are capable of great things when we can outplay clubs at the top of this league and we are safe now to progress to much better things next season. I would hope the youngsters out of contract would stay and help us along the way...Ainley is a great prospect and could be a PL player given time but he should know that moving on to soon can a disaster too. I'm sure Big Dave will guide him and advise him and then its up to him...

I can't think of any other manager that could have done much better with the squad, the injuries and the money than DA and KL and hope they too stay around a while but if they are successful and want to move on then we can only wish them well too..
    Wise words Mike. Are you feeling well? Some may well argue others may have done better with the squad we have had but the analogy of developing a management team as well as players is a view I share. So long as it doesn't cost us our league position. With regard to Ainley, I suspect the manager/club will have done all they can to persuade the lad to sign a new deal and may well have spelled out the pitfalls of leaving too soon. However, money is a big draw and if he can up his wages to a 5 figure sum, who are we to deny him that opportunity. After all, he could sustain a bad, career threatening injury at any time and suddenly his earning powers are diminished.

Quote Originally Posted by VindePays2009 View Post
    Okay, so it's the Wham stadium or something similar, whereas Fleetwood Town play at Highbury.

Is it all that worth while to upbraid AA, a legend on this board, for such a minor error?

Go trial somewhere else. No wonder less people are visiting this board.
    If I go trial somewhere else EVEN LESS people will be visiting this board.

My apologies to Accrington and Morecambe fans for confusing their stadia and right to correct me.

Incidentally, it’s FEWER people, not LESS, if were being pedantic <wink> - can’t get the emoticons to work on the iPad.

Quite right I am thinking. Would/will they both be still here now/next season if they had stormed the league. I would say probably not just to turn the original title of this thread completely on its head. I am also hearing that Dario is now a broken man. Whether any wrong doings or not I find it unfathomable that he is now 18 months into a suspension and not a thing has been released from the FA to the general public.

Whats happened to Dario just stinks. After 18 months the FA must know whether there is an issue or not.

They need to do something. Charge or clear the slate.

Correct.

We are about to celebrate Neil Baker’s years with our club and, as things stand, Dario will not be allowed to attend, which is an absolute disgrace. And I’m sure Bakes would be a happier man with Dario by his side on 6th May, as they were for so many years, as inseparable as Clough and Taylor.

Get your fingers out, FA, and either charge him or clear him and let him get on with the rest of his life doing what he loves, and is also damn good at.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    Correct.

We are about to celebrate Neil Baker’s years with our club and, as things stand, Dario will not be allowed to attend, which is an absolute disgrace. And I’m sure Bakes would be a happier man with Dario by his side on 6th May, as they were for so many years, as inseparable as Clough and Taylor.

Get your fingers out, FA, and either charge him or clear him and let him get on with the rest of his life doing what he loves, and is also damn good at.
    Indeed...

When I was at the Vale Match I spoke with a bloke that sat next to Dario who used to give him coffee at HT and said how disgusted the fans are at his treatment and lack of urgency by the FA. He sees him regularly most weeks and I said we all here send our best wishes to him. He said he will pass that on...

Indeed...

When I was at the Vale Match I spoke with a bloke that sat next to Dario who used to give him coffee at HT and said how disgusted the fans are at his treatment and lack of urgency by the FA. He sees him regularly most weeks and I said we all here send our best wishes to him. He said he will pass that on...
    I spoke to Dario about 10 days ago, I thought he was remarkably cheerful considering. I said the fans and forums were behind him, which he was pleased about and how he appreciated the backing.
    Told him we were disgusted at how he was being treated. I spent about 15 minutes with him and we talked about quite a lot but I don‘t think it would be fair to add anything as it was a private conversation

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    I've made my views perfectly clear on statements like this.
    It's not a **** league, it's just ****tier than the league above, that's why it's the league below.
    And so what if Acc S are winning it? - they just happen to be bloody good at what they do and credit to 'em!

But I think I've heard it all now when a Stoke fan says on P&G tonight that he thinks the Prem lacks quality!
    Jesus, some people have such unbelievably high standards it's untrue!!
    If the Prem lacks quality as well now, we may as well pack up, go home and get scrabble televised!!!
    It is a very **** league and mostly a poor standard week-in week-out.

However, like Saturday for 35 minutes, a team with ability can cut through it. We weren't even the best side for that 35 minutes but our individual skill level ripped through them at least 6 times in that half alone.

A good win, but not a good 2nd half. Anyone that thinks needing to score 4 and hang on is the way.....well, we disagree

I think we will improve. DA is obviously a slow learner but if he gets there eventually then that is fine by me. Academy proving to be valuable again, so just need some astute ins and outs in the summer. I mean, who would spunk all the money and not get a full back in until January.....

So Dave, pretend May, June and July are January and we will do well.

How the **** can AS be top on their budget and crowds when every other mard arse team in the ****ty league moans about lack of funds! Up the Stanley I say, good lads!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast