Survival in the League - particularly with a squad that was chosen by the manager and heralded at the time as being good and strong - is not an 'achievement'. Dave Artell is going to have to learn that arguing vehemently with the 4th official, instead of watching the game, is not the way to behave.

That said, I have been impressed with the commitment on the pitch of late; it's great to see Bowery (and I've always liked his work rate) scoring; the latest loans are doing the business; and 'our own' are demonstrating the underlying value of the Academy. For most of this season and nearly all of last, travelling to Gresty Road was a chore and only done because of the lovely people I sit with and the constant banter. In the last few weeks it's been much more of a pleasure to be entertained on the pitch.

I now think we can win every game until May 5. Whether we do or not is a different matter. Let's stick with Artell: he's got the team working as one, and some players have stepped up a long way. Now if he'd just show passion where it matters and control the silly berating of officials, I'd be well satisfied.