+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Crew View Post
    'Interesting' good or 'interesting' bad??

'Interesting' I'm not sure!
    Sorry but I genuinely cannot make up my mind.

Let us help you decide then mate.......😉

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Whilst we still have a chance of someone else pulling us out of the mess you've created.

I am interested, do you still hold this view?

Myself? - no, never have.
    One thing supporters demand more than anything is passion.
    This guy has got it in spades.
    Deserves to carry on with what he is trying to do.
    Ok, his tactics may be questionable sometimes but he is learning his trade.
    I've just got a hunch he is worth persevering with!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    I am interested, do you still hold this view?

Myself? - no, never have.
    One thing supporters demand more than anything is passion.
    This guy has got it in spades.
    Deserves to carry on with what he is trying to do.
    Ok, his tactics may be questionable sometimes but he is learning his trade.
    I've just got a hunch he is worth persevering with!
    When he was appointed I thought it was one hell of a risk, one which looked as if it had paid off when we pulled away from the bottom of the league last season. Then this season we seemed to have gone backwards and many were calling for change. I wasn't one of them you won't be surprised to know. I think he is worth persevering with and if he turns out to be a good/top manager, how hacked off would we be if we had sacked him? Having a full squad with players coming back from injury we are looking more of a team. It is clear to all there is desire in the side and it is good that our much maligned (by some) Academy is showing up well with the likes of Ng, Lowery, Ainley, Kirk an Ray all key members of the squad

We are obviously not in an ideal position, but I have certainly seen signs of improvement recently, I don't think the players he brought in during the summer have actually set the world alight, but I think everyone on here believed they were the right players to bring in at the time. I don't believe Walker should be left out of the team, but that's a personal opinion and I think we would be better with him in midfield although at the same time it is difficult to leave the likes of Pickering and Ainley out of the team. I think the pressure of relegation hanging over us has had an effect on Artell and we need another 14 points to be certain of avoiding the drop and I think this team is capable of that. On paper we have decent squad, missing Jones and Ray for most of the season has not helped, although had he been fit Jones would have been sold anyway. Ultimately I think we will avoid the drop and Artell will learn a lot about his squad and make the changes required for next year and hopefully keep his better players. Jones will go and there are a couple of others stalling on new contracts, avoiding relegation may persuade them to remain. It has been a disappointing season but I still believe Artell is the man for the job.

I remain convinced that with the squad of players we have that we should not be in a relegation battle. The performances have improved recently (but in fairness could hardly have got worse than some of the dross we have witnessed) but we remain a Charlie Kirk 97th minute equaliser from 22nd place in the league.

or a King reflex save that prevented an earlier equaliser giving time for a possible late winner. Swings and roundabouts!

I agree that Artell/Lunt should be doing better with the squad we have. That said, they should certainly be better prepared in advance of next season. Key injuries have not helped, but this should have been a much better season than it has turned out. Hopefully, evident mistakes in selection and tactics will not be repeated and next season we can start seeing real signs of progress as we move up the table. Resolution of the off-field issues should help too.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    I remain convinced that with the squad of players we have that we should not be in a relegation battle. The performances have improved recently (but in fairness could hardly have got worse than some of the dross we have witnessed) but we remain a Charlie Kirk 97th minute equaliser from 22nd place in the league.
    I was thinking exactly the same WBW and looked at the table after 90 mins and we were indeed next to bottom to non league and so before we congratulate DA lets see how it all pans out and we have to be grateful we are having to rely on Barnet and Chesterfield that we are not in a worse position than we are...

I too like the passion and enthusiasm that DA brings to the dugout and the 4th official lol but whether that translates to being a successful manager longer term we will have to wait and see. I don't see us going down for the reasons above but we always start a new season weaker than the last and with players not signing contracts and possibly one or two moving on for fees, that won't change and even more reliant on our world famous academy! Of course we could ask Accrington and Shrewsbury how its done without needing one!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same WBW and looked at the table after 90 mins and we were indeed next to bottom to non league and so before we congratulate DA lets see how it all pans out and we have to be grateful we are having to rely on Barnet and Chesterfield that we are not in a worse position than we are...

I too like the passion and enthusiasm that DA brings to the dugout and the 4th official lol but whether that translates to being a successful manager longer term we will have to wait and see. I don't see us going down for the reasons above but we always start a new season weaker than the last and with players not signing contracts and possibly one or two moving on for fees, that won't change and even more reliant on our world famous academy! Of course we could ask Accrington and Shrewsbury how its done without needing one!
    It may have escaped your notice Mike, but our World famous Academy provided the lads who got us a point on Saturday

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast