+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Bang on fella. Unfortunately most if not all posts lead us down the Academy path.
    As I said, all threads lead to the academy because that is central to EVERY decision made at the club even to having no option but to keep Dave Artell to get back to the OP because we can't afford to pay him off or afford a new manager..

Anyway, there is little traffic on this site as it is and so nobody should care about going off topic imo at least.

Its not actually crap that everything is better than 50 years ago because many things are not as good as they were and I say again, unless you saw the Alex teams and the great players of the past, you cannot have a valid opinion on them compared with the present day. I never saw Stan Matthews play but as far as I know he never suffered a serious injury nor did Jimmy Greaves or George Best. Being tough and shoulder charging and getting stuck in was part and parcel of the game as it was not meant to be ballet dancing and well, I just don't think watching kids playing would have gone down that well and the fact that many today prefer to see them means they lack a basic understanding of natural ability and what football is actually...If you think we play exciting and good football then I'm sorry but you missed out. A bit like the 60's music being the best era ever for popular music that has not been surpassed. It never will imo.

All Alex roads lead back to the Academy until someone decides what a bloody waste of money they were...Great players and good players don't need coaching. They never did and the basics of playing this game have only changed for the worse.

Jimmy Greaves asked his manager at the time how he wanted him to play and he said, just go out and enjoy the game Son and that was the only instruction he needed. In fact his way of playing could not be found in the coaching manual anymore than Rodney Jack working in our academy and producing what?????????????????Pie If Mourinho is as good a coach as they make out, how come he and all the rest have to bring in foreign players? Hundreds of millions going into PL academies for less than 1% success? I think that supports my case rather than most and why England have been so poor in recent world cups..

Night night!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 17-04-2018 at 06:28 PM.