+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Please go now, Artell

Whilst we still have a chance of someone else pulling us out of the mess you've created.

Knob off Artell take Lunt with you plus the geriatric board and give us a chance otherwise there will no football league side left in Cheshire # joke another 4 goals conceded

we have now reached the stage where win one lose one will only just save us. The next defeat makes it really desparate.

If one does not have a good defensive system and players with the talent to execute it then you will concede goals. The failure to do so gives one little chance of winning many games. The club’s record defensively has been pretty abysmal in recent seasons. Things are looking pretty grim at present and no amount of spin and the talk of the additional players can gloss over this. I doubt that a change of Manager will radically change the situation and all past evidence suggests it is rightly or wrongly not the Crewe way.

The squad that we have should be better than relegation material. There is no organisation, no planning, no strategies - even Mcgarry described them as unprofessional. The manager is just out of his depth and hasn't got a clue of how to set out a team. Even his interviews are immature and naive. Just having 8 attacking players on the field does not guarantee a goal. That is his only, much repeated option. There has to be a plan B.

Where does Kenny Lunt fit in with all this?

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    The squad that we have should be better than relegation material. There is no organisation, no planning, no strategies - even Mcgarry described them as unprofessional. The manager is just out of his depth and hasn't got a clue of how to set out a team. Even his interviews are immature and naive. Just having 8 attacking players on the field does not guarantee a goal. That is his only, much repeated option. There has to be a plan B.
    Totally disagree. He has a plan B, argue with the 4th official or opposing manager. Having said that, that is often plan A.
    Totally agree with the rest of your post though.

If we had a perceptive Board of Directors DA would have been gone at least 6 weeks ago. That is mainly based on results. They are beyond a joke.

I feel a fair amount of sympathy for our much criticised defence. For me our main problem has been that we have lacked strength in our midfield. A successful team has a minimum of 4 midfielders, usually 3 central midfielders (the engine room) and 1 winger. The central midfielders soak up and stop the oppositions attacks, which leave the back four to clean up the scraps that get through. In the whole of this season we have never had that, and that leads to our defence being overrun and under constant pressure.

As mentioned by so many other supporters Dave Artell`s tactics are virtually non-existent.

I totally agree about the midfield. We were unlucky to lose Wintle so quickly but now Perry and Ray are available again perhaps we can shore it up again. Put Walker and Perry as defensive miss plus either Barlaser or Lowery then Ainley behind the front two. This will mean 5 lines of formation and no wingers but without Porter we don't need them -we can rely on fullbacks getting forward.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I totally agree about the midfield. We were unlucky to lose Wintle so quickly but now Perry and Ray are available again perhaps we can shore it up again. Put Walker and Perry as defensive miss plus either Barlaser or Lowery then Ainley behind the front two. This will mean 5 lines of formation and no wingers but without Porter we don't need them -we can rely on fullbacks getting forward.
    We have been unlucky with injuries all season. I am not convinced Ray is fit. If he was, I would have expected him to be playing yesterday. Jones, Wintle (again), Porter, Dagnall and Ray could all be described as key players in our squad and to have been deprived of 3 of them virtually all season and 2 experienced strikers at the business end of the season could justifiably be described as rotten luck.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast