+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Dario would certainly have been fired by other clubs despite his enormous achievements. However, the manager-go-round is much more pronounced today and managers are given a ridiculously short time to deliver success.

It is a case of being careful what you wish for at Crewe. I do sometimes hear news of a lower division club being purchased by a foreign owner and think "why not Crewe?" I then think of Orient.
    Spot on about the merry go round of managers. It is not something I like and I was abused by a few for not advocating the sacking of Steve Davis. However, I do realise he had to go. But some have been calling for Big Dave to be replaced earlier in the season and I suspect there are some who still would. As you say, we should be careful for what we wish for. Heaven forbid that we ended up with Mickey Adams or Graham Westray. Slippery slope. I don't know if it is by intention or pure good fortune but I believe we have the right men in charge now and hopefully they will be given the time to develop and redevelop the squad over the course of a good few years.
    Incidentally, on the subject of coaching, I have seen a quote where Bowery is displaying the form that attracted attention from Aston Villa a few years ago. I guess our coaching has played some part in that. Unless he has changed his brand of Corn Flakes!
    Last edited by Timmy58; 18-04-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    ...... I was abused by a few for not advocating the sacking of Steve Davis. However, I do realise he had to go.

In the end, yes, but I agree, he deserved the time to try and fix it.
    He couldn't and his time was up!

I also think we both agree Dave's time clearly isn't!!

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Dario would certainly have been fired by other clubs despite his enormous achievements. However, the manager-go-round is much more pronounced today and managers are given a ridiculously short time to deliver success.

It is a case of being careful what you wish for at Crewe. I do sometimes hear news of a lower division club being purchased by a foreign owner and think "why not Crewe?" I then think of Orient.
    I don't want to see the club purchased by a foreign owner, mainly because of there motives and Orient are a perfect example, but I don't want it in the hands of Hassall either and sooner we see the end of him the better. Unfortunately that is in the hands of a court and we have seen with Blackpool that courts do come up with bizarre judgements, so its far from a done deal.

As for DA although there are probably a few people who still don't want him in charge, I think we do now have the managerial team in place who will move the club forward. You cant doubt his passion and that does sometimes get the better of him, but better to have someone who has that commitment and enthusiasm for the club.

I think the other thing worth adding is that DA and Kenny seem to be a good partnership. Lung is clearly the coach, as anyone who watched the Youth Team when he was manager will testify. He was in the technical area all match coaching the players.

Artell, on the other hand, uses that area for traffic management and referee haranguing!! We seem to have been doing better when he spends longer in the stand, which is not meant to knock him as he is a much better ‘front man’ than Kenny. His press and radio interviews are priceless and he has a genuine passion for the club. Oh, and has found a decent turn of pace since he retired if his touchline dashes are anything to go by!

I have my reservations about DA and Lunt, but they should be given another opportunity next season. I am ok with gradual improvement, but no flirting with relegation please. Saturday afternoons are tense enough without worrying about other teams' results.

What DA&Lenny need is an avoidance of the annual turnover of players so that they can prove their ability or lack of that is the case. If we can produce some decent performances to end the season with the minimum of disruption over the close season plus acquiring Green and some full backs, we could do well next season. If we do have a favourable next 4 months then there would be no excuse for the management team.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    I think the other thing worth adding is that DA and Kenny seem to be a good partnership. Lung is clearly the coach, as anyone who watched the Youth Team when he was manager will testify. He was in the technical area all match coaching the players.

Artell, on the other hand, uses that area for traffic management and referee haranguing!! We seem to have been doing better when he spends longer in the stand, which is not meant to knock him as he is a much better ‘front man’ than Kenny. His press and radio interviews are priceless and he has a genuine passion for the club. Oh, and has found a decent turn of pace since he retired if his touchline dashes are anything to go by!
    FOund that so funny Aston

I'm looking forward to seeing what DA and Kenny do over the pre-season. I would like some more challenging friendlies please instead of the usual suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    FOund that so funny Aston
    Thanks, out0 - life’s too short not to enjoy our football in my book.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314