+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AFC Wimbledon Post Match Thoughts

AFC Wimbledon Post Match Thoughts

The run continues with another win over an in form team. Is a visit to the twin towers beckoning? Are they even still there? If we're not careful we'll be arriving in the Championship again before we're ready. Thoughts?

What a great game to watch! We won dirty but fair. The goal spoilt a fantastic start. After the goal we didn't reah the same level. Absolutly buzzing! What a team we have for this division!

Well just looking at BBC stats I was panicking a bit towards end, but the second goal stopped all that.

Thank you RUFC
    You've just made what was already a fantastic trip, even better.

Talking of Wembley, don't want to jinx owt but finally checked exactly when the play off final was the other day, turns out, purely coincidentally I come home from Budapest (where else ) a bit earlier than planned on the Friday of that weekend, still got leave booked til Tuesday, seemed rude not to book a cheeky hotel in London just in case LOL

The stats show that we deserved the three points. We dominated possession and W'don only had one shot on target.
    Well done, the Millers!

Made hard work of it in the second half but to be fair this could have been a nana skin so dead chuffed with the result. THought our central midfield got overran second half but fortunately defence stood firm. MOM for me was probably Ajayi but all the defence played well. Thought Smith had a good game as well with little protection off the ref. Dont think these missed weekends do much good for our momentum fitness wise so a good ground out result.

A draw now at Scunny will keep us on track.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-02-2018 at 05:40 PM.

Inexplicably Warney disregarded gwru's advice to ditch the set-up which saw us dominate Portsmouth and Bradford - to drop Smith and Ball and play one up front (Lavery). Despite this we somehow won - with goals from Smith and Ball.
    Our first half performance suggested we should have won more comfortably and we probably would have if Palmer had put away his easy chance.
    Brilliant result though. Well done lads!

I was wrong I admit: Lavery on his own up front at the moment but he looked decent when he came on. Needs game time. Emmanuel Ajayi were outstanding in defence. Wood & Mattock did nothing wrong. Forde works hard but no threat going forward, looked better with Taylor on. Vaulks up his usual high standard. Palmer another who needs game time. Newell always in the game. Smith & Ball for there goals get to get a mention but against better opposition not sure if it would work.

A fit Lavery could see him leading the attach, if we went to one up front. Might have to do that if Towell is fit next week at Scunny.

At times I think we tried to play too much football but it was a good performance all across the team. The defence was particularly good.

Todays performance didn't live up to the previous two but if you come away with 3 points you can't complain. Let's keep it going at Scunny!

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I was wrong I admit: Lavery on his own up front at the moment but he looked decent when he came on. Needs game time. Emmanuel Ajayi were outstanding in defence. Wood & Mattock did nothing wrong. Forde works hard but no threat going forward, looked better with Taylor on. Vaulks up his usual high standard. Palmer another who needs game time. Newell always in the game. Smith & Ball for there goals get to get a mention but against better opposition not sure if it would work.

A fit Lavery could see him leading the attach, if we went to one up front. Might have to do that if Towell is fit next week at Scunny.
    I can say with 100% certainty that barring injuries in training this, Lavery won't start up front on his own next week, and the reason is... it would be mental. He's clearly not fit enough yet and the two strikers who are playing are both in form, why would you drop either? What's with always wanting to disrupt a winning team? You've wanted to make several changes after every single game of this unbeaten run, have you not realised by now that you don't know what you're on about?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast