+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Davies Dropped...

Davies Dropped...

.....Yids Captain.

Well well.

I would have liked another keeper fetched in but I just hope Twownsend takes his chance. If nothing else it should show Davies he's not an automatic choice and he has to knuckle down and get his form back to keep his place.

Had to happen for me if only to send the message out he's not untouchable .

Chance for Townsend to step up and claim the jersey .

Agreed, Davies has had a poor run of form and deserves to be dropped,just wish we'd have dug deep and brought in a competent shot stopper.

He'll be able to see how other goalies command their box and to punch a ball now he's in dug out

This could turn out to be a really brave or really stupid decision to not only drop Davies and replace him with Townsend. But to also give the armband to Yids who most of us thought was going to be on his way soon.
    And speaking of undroppable players, how long before we want to drop Bradshaw if he carries on this run of matches without a goal ?. Especially now that we have the option of McBurnie alongside Moore.

I dont have any worries with townsend having seen him with u23's he is a good keeper

Great goal that

Quote Originally Posted by redsarebest View Post
    I dont have any worries with townsend having seen him with u23's he is a good keeper
    And this has sounded like a comfortable first half for us so far, they havent had a single shot on target against Townsend yet. But where have we seen and heard this before eh ?.
    This is or was a real chance for us to finally win here at this ground, I was hoping some of the new players would come on and play a part in snatching it for us. We could have done without the goal, back to normal again obviously as it was their first shot on target.
    Last edited by Acido; 03-02-2018 at 04:11 PM.

It was never in doubt

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast