+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Head coaches not doing very well...

Head coaches not doing very well...

Ours this season that is.

Pulis:

12 2 4 6 9-18 10

Pardew:

12 1 5 6 9-16 8

Then, of course it's also about our worst PL squad this PL run (8th season)...

Championship next season!

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Ours this season that is.

Pulis:

12 2 4 6 9-18 10

Pardew:

12 1 5 6 9-16 8

Then, of course it's also about our worst PL squad this PL run (8th season)...

Championship next season!

Yep that sums it up perfectly swedish, you go down over a season not a game,

We are currently not good enough to stay in this division, nor are the other two teams above us.

I would add until we are mathamaticily down then there is still a chance we will stay up ,

Remember the great escape.

Coyb

I blame Pulis. You could see that he coached the skill and flair out of what is a pretty decent set out players. That's why we were so glad to see him go because you could see it in the players that they just were not having any fun. Maybe Pardue is not the man to rescue this but I think the damage is so ingrained that any manager would have trouble turning it around. You could see it in the players today - don't try the clever ball, don't try to be fancy, whatever you do don't pass the ball forward in case something bad happens, think about defending first, three passes back is better than one pass forward, if you are twenty five yards out try a speculative shot because you never know when we will be this far forward again, hoof it up, hope for a free kick or a corner, load the area with huge defenders and hoefully one will go in and we can hold on. Its no wonder they cant pass any more, they haven't had to pass for three years.

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    I blame Pulis. You could see that he coached the skill and flair out of what is a pretty decent set out players. That's why we were so glad to see him go because you could see it in the players that they just were not having any fun. Maybe Pardue is not the man to rescue this but I think the damage is so ingrained that any manager would have trouble turning it around. You could see it in the players today - don't try the clever ball, don't try to be fancy, whatever you do don't pass the ball forward in case something bad happens, think about defending first, three passes back is better than one pass forward, if you are twenty five yards out try a speculative shot because you never know when we will be this far forward again, hoof it up, hope for a free kick or a corner, load the area with huge defenders and hoefully one will go in and we can hold on. Its no wonder they cant pass any more, they haven't had to pass for three years.
    You cant blame Pulis. He stabilised the club then had a bad run with a group of players who let him down. Would we be bottom now if we had Pulis? We dont know. Was Pardew the answer? we dont know. We had some great results with Pulis and some not so great ones. We go to Chelsea next week...Under Pulis they just beat us in the last few minutes...same with Arsenal. We also beat Chelsea and Arsenal at home under Pulis 3 goals from us in both games. We beat United away under Pulis, I could go on. His time had come and it was time for him to go but really can you keep blaming someone who did a lot for this club? If you didnt like him fine, but to keep blaming Pulis is a bit off the mark methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    You cant blame Pulis. He stabilised the club then had a bad run with a group of players who let him down. Would we be bottom now if we had Pulis? We dont know. Was Pardew the answer? we dont know. We had some great results with Pulis and some not so great ones. We go to Chelsea next week...Under Pulis they just beat us in the last few minutes...same with Arsenal. We also beat Chelsea and Arsenal at home under Pulis 3 goals from us in both games. We beat United away under Pulis, I could go on. His time had come and it was time for him to go but really can you keep blaming someone who did a lot for this club? If you didnt like him fine, but to keep blaming Pulis is a bit off the mark methinks.
    Holy crap... Pulis stabilized the club? are you for real ffs. You are waiting to pounce aren’t you when we lose and we blame pulis. Pulis is to blame, seriously get rid of those rose tinted specs you seemed to wear when pulis was in charge. It is Pulis that got us in this mess in the first place. The number of games early on in the season and how he approached those games are the very reason why we are in the mess right now. If we go down it will all come back to Pulis for not picking up crucial points earlier on in the season. Are you getting some kick by coming on here to say ‘I told you so’?

Got to agree it's all totally pulis's fault.

Pardew's 6 wins in a calender year before his best man hammond rescued him from the scrap heap with a plump 2 and half year contract has nothing to do with our current predicament, and is all pulis's fault.

How swansea managed to take a educated gamble on the previously untested carvahal, whilst we went for the busted flush was pulis's fault.

That terrible winter and us not having undersoil heating must have been pulis's fault.

That relegation under Gould must be pulis's fault.

Jason Roberts constantly breaking his foot in our promotion year was due to Pulis stamping on it everytime it got better, the evil b astard.

We must all remember that for the rest of our lives pulis is the devil and will be to blame for every puncture, tax bill or any other dog sh!t luck that you have.

Every cup win is due to pardew's brilliant, expansive football, but then the boogie man pulis enters the players minds whilst they sleep to coach all the skills learnt under the genius pardew out of their game, ready for the next p !ss poor league performance.

For as long as we live we must blame pulis for everything that ever goes wrong.

Fooooking pulis, i forgot to buy my lottery ticket and my numbers came up.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Pardew's 6 wins in a calender year before his best man hammond rescued him from the scrap heap with a plump 2 and half year contract has nothing to do with our current predicament, and is all pulis's fault.

How swansea managed to take a educated gamble on the previously untested carvahal, whilst we went for the busted flush was pulis's fault.

That terrible winter and us not having undersoil heating must have been pulis's fault.

Jason Roberts constantly breaking his foot in our promotion year was due to Pulis stamping on it everytime it got better, the evil b astard.

We must all remember that for the rest of our lives pulis is the devil and will be to blame for every puncture, tax bill or any other dog sh!t luck that you have.

Every cup win is due to pardew's brilliant, expansive football, but then the boogie man pulis enters the players minds whilst they sleep to coach all the skills learnt under the genius pardew out of their game, ready for the next p !ss poor league performance.

Now you're being silly. Credit where credit is due, Pulis took us from being in a difficult situation and put us into better shape, but he did it by playing such mind numbing negative tactics that I really believe he achieved what he did by ripping the heart out of the players and scaring them into playing in a way that was zero risk but unbelievably dull to watch. By the time the wheels started falling off, we were stuck with awful football, bad results and zero player morale. It became depressing to watch us play because you knew there was never going to be any attacking intent and even if we took the lead, instead of hanging on to it for dear life, we were giving up late goals and not getting any results. You could see it in the players eyes that they knew it wasn't working anymore. That is one hundred percent Pulis fault. If Pulis had stayed, I doubt we would have as many points as we do now because we were going from snatching occasional victories and drawing a lot of games to never ever winning, getting the odd draw and snatching defeats. Anyone could see that things were getting worse.
    Pardue may not be the answer but he has definitely improved the quality of the football and he is trying hard to restore their morale. It not easy to rehabilitate a beaten dog but its starting to work because we would never have played as well as we did at Anfield last week with Pulis in charge. Had we been lucky enough to get the tying goal at Anfield (which we wouldn't because he never allowed his players to play that kind of football), Pulis would have made the players park the bus and hope to hang on for a replay at the Hawthorns where he would have done exactly the same thing again. Today was admittedly a set back for the players morale but at least there are glimmers of hope. The players had lost hope under Pulis and that for me is the biggest possible indictment of a manager.
    I don't care if you are Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough or Pep Guardiola, if the players lose hope, its over and the manager has to shoulder most of the fault for that. Case in point, when we went 2-1 up at Old Trafford with 20 minutes left during the Moyes era, you could tell the United players didn't believe they were going to get the goal back. Under Ferguson, if you went 2-1 up against united with 20 minutes to play, you would hope that you could hang on for a draw because you knew Man United would score before the end, probably at least twice. Moyes biggest problem at united was that the players lost hope.
    So things are definitely better under Pardue but perhaps not by enough to save us this year unless we can start producing better results and soon.
    I am not saying Pulis is evil and I am not saying Pulis never did anything good for us and I am not saying Pulis does not have his good points. But this anger against Pulis is well founded. Pulis definitely put us in this mess and he was not going to get us out of it. Pardue might not either, but at least there's a bit of hope now.

How the F u c k can anybody blame Pardew the players he inherited are s h i t or to old , & if the owner wouldn't give him money to change the squad what does anybody expect him to do , its pulis last season thats done the damage 15 MILLIONS for Burke what a joke i think Chadli trying his hardest no to get fit , Phillips a one season wonder , Nyom naver had it , same for HRK McClean Barry to old but still decent , Yacob McAuley finished Morrison who knows , dont really leave a lot left to chew over ,

No disrespect calgary, and you may spell it like that in canada, but the pr!ck's name is pardew.

And what is long overDUE, is his bounce.

No disrespect calgary, and you may spell it like that in canada, but the pr!ck's name is pardew.

And what is long overDUE, is his bounce.
    Ahh, the battle cry of the intellectually defeated : You made a spelling error. (Actually, it was Pulis' fault.)
    But your right, there's been no bounce. Could it be that Pulls left things in even worse shape than we thought?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)