+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Head coaches not doing very well...

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    Ahh, the battle cry of the intellectually defeated : You made a spelling error. (Actually, it was Pulis' fault.)
    But your right, there's been no bounce. Could it be that Pulls left things in even worse shape than we thought?

Blaming Pulis now is fecking stupid. Will Pulis still be blamed when we are in the championship. Pardew or the Board could have brought in players up until the 31st Jan but they chose not to do so, but gambled yet again on a croc who is unfit and not played. It was not Pulis that dropped the best performing player of late ( Jay ) and still thinks Rondon is the bees knees and played him instead!

The football may be a bit more fancy, but it's points, points and more points we need. Pardew also blamed us being second best for covering so much ground at Man City - why the feck did he not play the reserves then the complete tool when it was quite obvious we would get beat regardless and protected the best players to be fresh for what was a must win game today!!!!

Who gives a flying feck about the FA Cup - so like the stupid comment about Man City - play the reserves and keep the players fresh and injury free to try and stay in the premiership. Going into the championship will be a disaster so should be points at all cost!!!!!

So in summary, the football has improved but points on table have not!!!
    Last edited by baggieal; 03-02-2018 at 09:47 PM.

Wow.
    Bullying d1ckheads are like buses.

Not a sniff for ages then two turn up at the same time.

Weird how the said forum spoilers tend to turn up when things are going particularly bad.

Expect a downward social trend.

Calgary you have defeated me intellectually, congratglrtioms.

It is something, i will learn to live with, i am sure.

But you're (not your) right pardue is brilliant and we should be all thanking God we managed to attract an unemployed (for over a year) manager with a "paltry" 30 month contract, after he managed the remarkable feat of 6 wins in a calender year after spending £32m on benteke and millions more on Townsend and Cabaye.

We are truly blessed.

Let's all meet up at midnight and burn an effigy of Pulis outside the Brummie road, before erecting a statue for managerial genius pardew.

This is the situation I predicted would come about when Pulis was letting nearly all the 'flair' leave the club ages ago. No one in the club seems able to look beyond the pale.

I see the empty can has turned up again. Who would have predicted that?

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    Now you're being silly. Credit where credit is due, Pulis took us from being in a difficult situation and put us into better shape, but he did it by playing such mind numbing negative tactics that I really believe he achieved what he did by ripping the heart out of the players and scaring them into playing in a way that was zero risk but unbelievably dull to watch. By the time the wheels started falling off, we were stuck with awful football, bad results and zero player morale. It became depressing to watch us play because you knew there was never going to be any attacking intent and even if we took the lead, instead of hanging on to it for dear life, we were giving up late goals and not getting any results. You could see it in the players eyes that they knew it wasn't working anymore. That is one hundred percent Pulis fault. If Pulis had stayed, I doubt we would have as many points as we do now because we were going from snatching occasional victories and drawing a lot of games to never ever winning, getting the odd draw and snatching defeats. Anyone could see that things were getting worse.
    Pardue may not be the answer but he has definitely improved the quality of the football and he is trying hard to restore their morale. It not easy to rehabilitate a beaten dog but its starting to work because we would never have played as well as we did at Anfield last week with Pulis in charge. Had we been lucky enough to get the tying goal at Anfield (which we wouldn't because he never allowed his players to play that kind of football), Pulis would have made the players park the bus and hope to hang on for a replay at the Hawthorns where he would have done exactly the same thing again. Today was admittedly a set back for the players morale but at least there are glimmers of hope. The players had lost hope under Pulis and that for me is the biggest possible indictment of a manager.
    I don't care if you are Alex Ferguson or Brian Clough or Pep Guardiola, if the players lose hope, its over and the manager has to shoulder most of the fault for that. Case in point, when we went 2-1 up at Old Trafford with 20 minutes left during the Moyes era, you could tell the United players didn't believe they were going to get the goal back. Under Ferguson, if you went 2-1 up against united with 20 minutes to play, you would hope that you could hang on for a draw because you knew Man United would score before the end, probably at least twice. Moyes biggest problem at united was that the players lost hope.
    So things are definitely better under Pardue but perhaps not by enough to save us this year unless we can start producing better results and soon.
    I am not saying Pulis is evil and I am not saying Pulis never did anything good for us and I am not saying Pulis does not have his good points. But this anger against Pulis is well founded. Pulis definitely put us in this mess and he was not going to get us out of it. Pardue might not either, but at least there's a bit of hope now.
    There did seem to be hope with the better football being played, but after conceding to City and now playing the expensive piece of crap that is Sturridge and leaving out a goal scorer that just hit form, I'm not too sure there is enough difference between the two to stay up.

Correct on one point glm, I thought it was a big mistake playing Sturridge in front of Rodrigues.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Correct on one point glm, I thought it was a big mistake playing Sturridge in front of Rodrigues.
    No the mistake was playing Rondon in front of Rodriguez.
    He was atrocious again yesterday. His goal was a complete fluke he headed it against his own shoulder. The bloke is a coward. His entire repertoire is waiting the ball to come to him then flinging himself to the ground. Waste of space. I wouldn't pay him in piss.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Blaming Pulis now is fecking stupid. Will Pulis still be blamed when we are in the championship. Pardew or the Board could have brought in players up until the 31st Jan but they chose not to do so, but gambled yet again on a croc who is unfit and not played. It was not Pulis that dropped the best performing player of late ( Jay ) and still thinks Rondon is the bees knees and played him instead!

The football may be a bit more fancy, but it's points, points and more points we need. Pardew also blamed us being second best for covering so much ground at Man City - why the feck did he not play the reserves then the complete tool when it was quite obvious we would get beat regardless and protected the best players to be fresh for what was a must win game today!!!!

Who gives a flying feck about the FA Cup - so like the stupid comment about Man City - play the reserves and keep the players fresh and injury free to try and stay in the premiership. Going into the championship will be a disaster so should be points at all cost!!!!!

So in summary, the football has improved but points on table have not!!!
    Got to agree with most of that Al...they had a window and abused the opportunity. Everyone always reckons winning breeds winning after trashing Liverpool (see we can play a bit) he then concedes the league match versus Citeh and as you say leaves the man in form on the bench when it's goals we need. Sturridge wanted game time to up his chances of an England spot...on yesterdays performance...not a snowball in hell's chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    No the mistake was playing Rondon in front of Rodriguez.
    He was atrocious again yesterday. His goal was a complete fluke he headed it against his own shoulder. The bloke is a coward. His entire repertoire is waiting the ball to come to him then flinging himself to the ground. Waste of space. I wouldn't pay him in piss.
    Always raises a smile Whicka when you post regarding Rondon...my son made a comment after Rondon was sitting on his bum yesterday he remarked the tallest falls are in Venezuella...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)