+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Head coaches not doing very well...

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Always raises a smile Whicka when you post regarding Rondon...my son made a comment after Rondon was sitting on his bum yesterday he remarked the tallest falls are in Venezuella...
    Ha ha
    He aggravates me mate. On the day we celebrated a great number 9 . He is everything Cyrille wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Ha ha
    He aggravates me mate. On the day we celebrated a great number 9 . He is everything Cyrille wasn't.
    Yes I know what you mean Whicka...the thing that annoys me is that while he is on his arriss he has no chance for the ref to play advantage and more often not he doesn't get the free kick now.

On a lighter note it was nice to see 'the wand' creating a couple of goals.

Still blaming Pulis is, in my humble opinion and not disrespecting others, just ridiculous. We should have got rid of Pulis after last season, but we didn’t, so who is to blame? Do head coaches/managers appoint themselves, extend contracts all by themselves etc. Of course they don’t!

Seasoned professional footballers should of course be able to adopt to different styles, approaches, systems, tactics etc from different managers! Other squads that have changed managers seem to do, ours seem not to.

Saying that nothing was good with Pulis is, to say the least, very one eyed. Without him we would have been in the Championship sooner than we now will, next season.

Yet another transfer window wasted, Pulis’s fault, you’re having a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Still blaming Pulis is, in my humble opinion and not disrespecting others, just ridiculous. We should have got rid of Pulis after last season, but we didn’t, so who is to blame? Do head coaches/managers appoint themselves, extend contracts all by themselves etc. Of course they don’t!

Seasoned professional footballers should of course be able to adopt to different styles, approaches, systems, tactics etc from different managers! Other squads that have changed managers seem to do, ours seem not to.

Saying that nothing was good with Pulis is, to say the least, very one eyed. Without him we would have been in the Championship sooner than we now will, next season.

Yet another transfer window wasted, Pulis’s fault, you’re having a laugh.
    Blame Pulis only to a diminishing percent, as was mentioned in a previous post and again here, a window wasted and misused to be honest I for one am getting fed up with the amount of windows that have slipped by without much action until the last couple of days when we are left with hobson's choice...take the crap or leave it, invariably we take it.

While Pulis was not my favourite man at the Hawthorns he did have a handful of games where he had the perfect balanced team and handed out a few defeats to good sides but then he would dismantle the balance...a bit like Pardew did against City and then didn't put it back together versus Southampton...so I reiterate there is not enough difference between the two to give me any confidence of staying in the premiership.

Oh incidentally I wanted the Nigel Pearson/Craig Shakespeare combo rather than the Pardew/Carver set up..just saying like...

So time softens everyone's view. Bit like Maggie Thatcher really ay it?
    The only support a football club owner/chairman can give its manager is finances. Pardew has had none. No support whatsoever. So how anyone can blame Pardew is beyond belief.
    That rabble of a playing squad was left by the previous idiot who took three years to assemble it. And in assembling it he wasted every bit of money we had. He started with Macmanaman and ended with Burke. There's £20m alone.
    Bit like spending all your wifes housekeeping then blaming her that there is nothing in the fridge.

The root cause of this current predicament this club is in is Tony Pulis. No doubt in that whatsoever.

The only support a football club owner/chairman can give its manager is finances. Pardew has had none. No support whatsoever. So how anyone can blame Pardew is beyond belief.
    That rabble of a playing squad was left by the previous idiot who took three years to assemble it. And in assembling it he wasted every bit of money we had. He started with Macmanaman and ended with Burke. There's £20m alone.
    Bit like spending all your wifes housekeeping then blaming her that there is nothing in the fridge.

The root cause of this current predicament this club is in is Tony Pulis. No doubt in that whatsoever.
    The owner/chairman/board could hire/not hire, extend contract/not extend contract, terminate contract/not terminate contract of specific head coaches/managers, so who is to blame? I, myself, can’t understand why that question is so difficult to answer?

I have never been very impressed by Pardew in the past, cv, pedigree, results achieved, and also as a person - I really hope to be convinced of the opposite of my previous sentiments about him, so far, nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    The owner/chairman/board could hire/not hire, extend contract/not extend contract, terminate contract/not terminate contract of specific head coaches/managers, so who is to blame? I, myself, can’t understand why that question is so difficult to answer?

I have never been very impressed by Pardew in the past, cv, pedigree, results achieved, and also as a person - I really hope to be convinced of the opposite of my previous sentiments about him, so far, nothing has changed.
    I've told you who is to blame. Tony Pulis. I have no difficulty in answering that question.
    More money than any other manager in our history and has wasted the lot from day one. Sucked the soul out of the club. Infected it with his nothing football and defeatist attitude.
    Hope that clears that up.

I've told you who is to blame. Tony Pulis. I have no difficulty in answering that question.
    More money than any other manager in our history and has wasted the lot from day one. Sucked the soul out of the club. Infected it with his nothing football and defeatist attitude.
    Hope that clears that up.
    No, not really - but I assume that people appointing head coaches/managers never have responsibility in your world.

I can't understand why Pardew is being blamed for his selection for yesterday's game, except as I've already stated, Sturridge for Rodrigues. From our squad he was missing Evans, Gibbs, Krychowiak, Livermore, Chadli, Morrison, perhaps even Rodrigues wasn't up to full speed. I'm convinced that if we had put the side out that beat Brighton we would have won. Let's hope we can get the majority of these players back as soon as possible.

I made a lot of money when Maggie Thatcher was in power...helluver defender she wasn't for turning...I agree with the signings being mega crap with Burke being the latest one and turning out that he is Burke by name and by nature.

I said in a different post about Pardew only doing well for so long then he either loses interest or gets bored and tails off, saying he will have to be supported by the fans and mostly by the board...mainly it's because of the reasons that you put regarding owners and the board he doesn't seem to have had that in the past and it's imperative he gets it now.

I saw on another thread someone mention credit where credit is due...versus Liverpool all credit due...a great performance...come City back to the bad times of a dismantled side and conceding the game with good players sitting on the bench. There were 6 set pieces in the first half and 'the wand' was on the bench...after yesterdays two goal assists...pissed of is not the word...I don't like to be left wondering would he wouldn't he, Brunty has been doing it for so long I'd rather think he would...the City defence are not so hot under pressure. More angst with Burnley getting a draw with them yesterday.

Until he gets a few more players of his own choosing, and let's face it he should not be accepting everything our useless board throws at him, it is with a diminishing percentage that I judge him on just on the time basis.

12million quid for your man Rondon...senseless when you can pick up in form strikers elsewhere for less than 5mil. so yes a big percentage still remains in Pulis court.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)