+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The 2 newbies.

The 2 newbies.

Thought Palmer showed some good touches but is plainly not up to Warnes fitness standards yet so I am hoping Towell aint out long so that will give Warney chance to get him up to Speed. A bit similar with Lavery both didnt quite look up to speed but Warney has done a good job with Smith in a short time so dont see why he cant do the same with them.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 03-02-2018 at 05:56 PM.

I hope you are right about palmer not being fit,because a lot of Burton fans have said the reason cloughie sold him was because he only played when he could be arsed & he sulks so I hope it's just fitness but he should be fit in the championship.

Palmer was below par to what we would have wanted, did not show any real threat to dominating midfield & providing goals for our forward line, but early days.
    Lavery came on in to the game, but to me a player like Ball, not a big man, so it seems Smith is the only big player to lead the front line, with out him the ball has to be kept on the ground.

Even if your not upto fitness you still should be sticking chances away from 8 yards with the goal at his mercy. Nevertheless an encouraging debut let's hope he builds on this.

Both need game time. If there's a reserve game, play them. Palmer looks to have a pass on him. Liked look of Lavery when he came on, you could see when he got better of there defender he didn't have that match fitness to take him clear.

I thought they both did ok for a first appearance.

Both look like footballers and not tired old journeymen

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I thought they both did ok for a first appearance.

Both look like footballers and not tired old journeymen
    This 👆

Liked the look of Palmer albeit he is a slighter build to Frecks. He can play a slide splitting pass that opens up our game that gets us going forward so encouraging in that aspect. Could do with bulking up but that may spoil him.

Lavery looked keen to impress but boy is he out of condition. Understandably though considering he hasn't been playing.
    A good stint of exercise under Warne will soon have him firing on all cylinders. Hope he can keep up with Warne.

Getting hese two young and not over the hill hungry players in, is a good piece of business by Warne. Definitely players for the future.
    Apparently there is talk of Lavery signing perm at the end of the season if all goes to plan.

Yes I've heard Lavery on a perm too.
    Indirect info but from bluntie official

Think they both looked good, just match sharpness being the issue. Lavery and Williams for our second, excellent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast