+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joe Newell

Joe Newell

Today a player of quality, how some of the fans on this forum slate him off is deplorable.
    He totally run the left flank today, showing the fans what he can achieve.
    Truly the man of the match.
    With both full backs having a good game high in the rankings.

He has some great skills i just wish he had a bit harder edge to him, I wouldnt deny him man of the match though: a reasonable choice.Think Forde is the opposite not as skilful but gets stuck in more.

Exactly, what a pass for smiths goal. How'd he pick that pass I'll never know. Agree with mattock & Emmanuel they had decent games again.

There's really only one who slates him.
    Mind you he also wants to get rid of most of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    There's really only one who slates him.
    Mind you he also wants to get rid of most of the team.
    I don’t know who you mean 🤔 😂

Other than criticism from one "eccentric" , Newell has generally been praised on here, except when he has had to play in central midfield. Thankfully, Warney is taking notice of to Millersmad, and is now playing Newell in his most effective position.

If only Newell could tackle he would be a great player for us.

I go on the state of play. Newell his best game for us this season. Keep it going. He's the only natural left forward/winger we have.

Good to have Joe in the side. If he could effectively tackle, he'd be out of our price range and playing regularly at a higher level. As for Forde, in spite of all the criticism, he'd top of our current assist list, and was last year as well (or one of them)?

Maybe time to think about offering him a new deal? Does anyone know if we have the option to extend his contract when it expires?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast