+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joe Newell

Good game for Newell but he did pull out on some tackles

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    No one Forde is enough! Taylor looked good when he came on today. If we had to win a game I'd pick Taylor in front of Forde. Know what I've said about Taylor. He's the same as Forde can't on the outside. But Taylor can put a lot better ball in & also a better finisher.
    Oh now come on. Forde was playing on the left and he had poor games with Williams on the right. His left foot crosses are very average. Since he moved onto the right. He has been good every game I have seen. I personally think he is part of the reason that Emmanuel is playing so well.. Taylor is great going forward but as someone said at the match today he sometimes runs around like a demented ferret. Less predictable on what runs he is going to make or pass that he will make, which is sometimes a good thing. At the moment its Forde every time for me ahead of Taylor.

Newell was quality today. Man of the match by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLeedsMiller View Post
    Oh now come on. Forde was playing on the left and he had poor games with Williams on the right. His left foot crosses are very average. Since he moved onto the right. He has been good every game I have seen. I personally think he is part of the reason that Emmanuel is playing so well.. Taylor is great going forward but as someone said at the match today he sometimes runs around like a demented ferret. Less predictable on what runs he is going to make or pass that he will make, which is sometimes a good thing. At the moment its Forde every time for me ahead of Taylor.

Newell was quality today. Man of the match by a mile.
    Taylor when he came on we had some quality balls played in from the right. But Forde will start next week. It's worked for 10 games but sometimes you've got to look at the bigger picture. Let the ball do the work not the man.

Taylor when he came on we had some quality balls played in from the right. But Forde will start next week. It's worked for 10 games but sometimes you've got to look at the bigger picture. Let the ball do the work not the man.
    How can the ball do the work are you wanting AI in a football (it’s not a bad idea) we can have sensors inside ball and wires around the goal line and pitch to indicate a throw and goal. After all refs can be shocking at times

Taylor is probably still not even fully fit yet He only played 45 minutes in the reserves game in midweek and judging from RUFC Official Twitter, didn't have a lot of impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    How can the ball do the work are you wanting AI in a football (it’s not a bad idea) we can have sensors inside ball and wires around the goal line and pitch to indicate a throw and goal. After all refs can be shocking at times
    You miss my point. Making the ball do the work: a good side won't be waisting there energy running round chasing the ball. They will make the ball do the work for them. League we are in there's not many teams making the ball do the work for them so Forde his workrate makes up for the fact he doesn't bring much to the side in open play offensively. That's why in the championship he was ineffective.

You miss my point. Making the ball do the work: a good side won't be waisting there energy running round chasing the ball. They will make the ball do the work for them. League we are in there's not many teams making the ball do the work for them so Forde his workrate makes up for the fact he doesn't bring much to the side in open play offensively. That's why in the championship he was ineffective.
    Give it a rest. Forde has been an integral part of a team that has gone 10 games unbeaten and his dead ball delivery is one of the main reasons we have started to look dangerous at set pieces.
    Also, have you forgotten already that you said we should get rid of Taylor in January? Now you're singing his praises after what was a pretty average cameo appearance yesterday.
    Stick to horseracing because hardly anyone on here is interested in that.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Good game for Newell but he did pull out on some tackles
    He did as did Smith, that said he was excellent in other aspects of his game

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    If only Newell could tackle he would be a great player for us.
    He'd be a great player for any team in the Championship as well if he could.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123