+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How physical were the Dons today?

As I said on a previous thread, Wimbledon are no shrinking violets. I do think they are more spoilers than dirty however. How many times did they appeal for fouls and how many times did they push players in the back? They also had a very strange idea of where the ball went out at throw ins. The ref let a few things go, but is that better than continually stopping play? That I feel would have benefitted them more than us. I thought the ref did okay.

I believe it was crucial that the Millers got the first goal. They had to come out more, which of course they did in the second half. A contribution to factor was also the Palmer tired a little in the second half which was to be expected. Our defence were excellent because they rarely got through to cause problems.

Great win against a very competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    Wimbledon are no shrinking violets. I do think they are more spoilers than dirty however. How many times did they appeal for fouls and how many times did they push players in the back?
    That's exactly how I saw it. Niggling fouls and trips, gamesmanship rather than dangerous "studs up" stuff.

I did think that the ref might have shown a yellow or two early on though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123