+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ot - the new RL 'Super League' season

ot - the new RL 'Super League' season

Now then uncle Alfie, and all the other possible RL fans on here. Its hard to believe that the new season has just kicked off again, so what are our thoughts on the upcoming season. The teams to win their opening games were Wakey, Saints, Wigan, Leeds, and the mighty black n whites Hull Fc.

I hope Im wrong but I think Wigan and Leeds will be the two main teams this year, with Hull, Saints, & Warrington also being up there or thereabouts. And I hope both of my neighbouring teams Cas & Wakey struggle, that would cheer me up no end.

Saints will be up there along with the Tigers,Rhinos and Hull again ..My team the Warriors have got Escare fully fit so I think a top five finish for them ..Bottom for me will be a choice between Salford ,Hull K R and Wakefield..Looking forward to some cracking games over the coming months Acido.. Beats watching boring football ..lol

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Saints will be up there along with the Tigers,Rhinos and Hull again ..My team the Warriors have got Escare fully fit so I think a top five finish for them ..Bottom for me will be a choice between Salford ,Hull K R and Wakefield..Looking forward to some cracking games over the coming months Acido.. Beats watching boring football ..lol
    I hope your right there Alfie kid about both of the Hull teams, and we're excited at the chance of a third successive Challenge cup win this season, and also the prospect of the Hull K.Rovers going down with Wakey is hilarious.
    " Old faithful... you'll never win at Wembley " ? hahah nobody can sing that to us anymore can they lol.

OMG! Boring!

This is Footymad not, "A smashed in the head until I'm braindead forum".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    OMG! Boring!
    This is Footymad not, "A smashed in the head until I'm braindead forum".
    Come on Beds, you know your tempted.
    Are you not into the game at all then ?. That surprises me to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Come on Beds, you know your tempted.
    Are you not into the game at all then ?. That surprises me to be honest.
    Just ignore him Acido,he will go away..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Just ignore him Acido,he will go away..
    Actually Beds has been decent with me on here over the years Alf, so Im not going to disagre with him too much.
    Even though he hasnt got a scoooby dooo about the game of R.L. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Actually Beds has been decent with me on here over the years Alf, so Im not going to disagre with him too much.
    Even though he hasnt got a scoooby dooo about the game of R.L. lol
    He doesn't know much about football either..

I have to agree with alf's prophecies for the season.
    What I will say is that it is great to have a proper game back again because the sanitisatoin of football is continuing apace and it is becoming less and less interesting to watch. Never mind, it will be alright when VAR et al is introduced and there will be less and less respect shown to match officials who will be expected to check every decision. Contact will always result in a foul, one way or another, and diving will continue because it is being coached into players ---and please don't mention offside or what constitutes the award of a penalty!!
    As you said acido --thank goodness the Super League is back

I think you told me the answer to this question last season Supersub6 but I've forgot! Why do the attacking team have to sling that funny shaped object back to the defending team when their players have been criminally assaulted on six occasions?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)