+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ram question

Ram question

Dupo....".too big to fail "

Direct quote from dab acquaintance.

What % of your fan base believe this....best guess.

A very dangerous out look no?

Returnetc, I don't know of any Dundee Arab Boy or indeed any other person who believes that DUFC are too big to fail, i.e. become extinct, if that is what you are asking? Obviously I can only speak for myself and perhaps a few other Sheds, but if there are any who believe as you imply, then it has to be a case of wishful thinking and ignoring the reality that there exists but a small step from the Limo to the gutter! As you say, very dangerous thinking...............with no small helping of foolishness as well!

The Old Rangers are like the famous Norwegian Blue Parrot which once pined for the fjords. They are extinct. They are no more. A new club was raised from their pile of ashes which passes as continuity but that has only been possible because of a massive fan base and business potential. A failed DUFC, or DFC for that matter, could very easily follow the example of Third Lanark; a sort of First Dundee (meaning the city not the Club).

The longer ST remains connected with the Shed the greater his portrait should be in the DFC Hall of Fame on account of services rendered to the Dees. My own team's scoring exploits (not) of late have caused me to 'zero' in on reality. Like a visit to the rifle range it has adjusted my sights on reality.
    Last edited by RAM1971; 04-02-2018 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Returnetc, I don't know of any Dundee Arab Boy or indeed any other person who believes that DUFC are too big to fail, i.e. become extinct, if that is what you are asking? Obviously I can only speak for myself and perhaps a few other Sheds, but if there are any who believe as you imply, then it has to be a case of wishful thinking and ignoring the reality that there exists but a small step from the Limo to the gutter! As you say, very dangerous thinking...............with no small helping of foolishness as well!

The Old Rangers are like the famous Norwegian Blue Parrot which once pined for the fjords. They are extinct. They are no more. A new club was raised from their pile of ashes which passes as continuity but that has only been possible because of a massive fan base and business potential. A failed DUFC, or DFC for that matter, could very easily follow the example of Third Lanark; a sort of First Dundee (meaning the city not the Club).

The longer ST remains connected with the Shed the greater his portrait should be in the DFC Hall of Fame on account of services rendered to the Dees. My own team's scoring exploits (not) of late have caused me to 'zero' in on reality. Like a visit to the rifle range it has adjusted my sights on reality.
    Why can't you just give a simple answer without trying to be clever and coming across as a smart arse?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Why can't you just give a simple answer without trying to be clever and coming across as a smart arse?
    Thank you my dear friend for enlightening me that I present myself (presumably to some) as an intelligent posterior. I make no attempt to be clever.....but to try and entertain, I am certainly guilty of. Maybe I'm a bit Deeranged?

Pity I was hoping the too big to fail thinking was endemic in the singing and knitting sections and the majority view in the carmylie and district women's guild.

Bit gutted if em honest.

Wonder what Granville thinks.

He/she cud get on Dfcss board with that response.

Cudnae resist.😉

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    He/she cud get on Dfcss board with that response.

Cudnae resist.��
    His comment wasn't even close to being irrelevant enough for that

Thank you my dear friend for enlightening me that I present myself (presumably to some) as an intelligent posterior. I make no attempt to be clever.....but to try and entertain, I am certainly guilty of. Maybe I'm a bit Deeranged?
    NO worries, beats the usual ****e that gets spouted on here by your brother Arabs.

NO worries, beats the usual ****e that gets spouted on here by your brother Arabs.
    Thank you. Now I see the link. 'Smart a**e and '****e!'

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)