+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Staying up or fa cup win?

Staying up or fa cup win?

Given the choice which would you take?

Fa cup for me, as I have never seen us win anything.

Knowing us we'll go down on goal difference and lose the final on a var assisted pen.

What I cannot decide on is if I would take a Wigan type thurd tier drop for a cup win.

Neither BB.

Relegation and another butt f u c k I n g by Southampton in two weeks time.

I hate the new Wembley anyway,an abomination of a stadium and an insult to what stood there before.

The likelihood of us actually winning the FA cup is about 50-1 with some bookies. Relegation is about 4/6. My heart would say cup but from bitter experience I try not to let it run my head anymore and I like the staying up odds much better.
    I’d settle for Wembley semi as a final against Man City would be a humiliation seen by the world

You have to be in the big time & love it or hate it , the premier is the big time .

Being in the prem is where we should be given our current and historical standing, but football is about winning silverware, and that doesn't include thurd division titles like the dings.

It's the big 3 trophies, of which we only have a realistic chance of winning 2 of.

It's 50 years since we won anything of note, so winning either of those trophies would take precedence over a stay in the prem.

As summed up accurately by Mickd, can only seeing the Saints doing exactly the same to us later this month. But to answer your question, would take staying up any day over winning the FAC as the trophy regrettably is no longer worth what is once rightly was.

I'd take winning the cup. If we went down we could come back up within a season.
    As for Saints beating us again, I'm not so sure. We had a bad injury list yesterday and they weren't great. Very beatable.

FA Cup.
    Honestly ask yourselves this.
    What league position did we finish in 5 years ago? Or 6 years ago etc. Have to look it up don't you? The reason for this is simple. It's forgettable unless you win something it doesn't matter.
    I don't care if the cup is not what it used to be anyone who would rake finishing SEVEN****TH!!! In the league over winning the FA Cup is a symptom of exactly what is wrong with modern day football.

I honestly believe that we will beat Southampton in the cup. Yesterday, we had too many influential players missing due to injury. This is why I get so angry with the media and Guardiola bleating on about referees not protecting their players. Who protected Krychowiak from being stamped on by the Man. City player. Not deliberate the panel decided! Really? We badly missed him yesterday.

Regarding the question, that's a difficult one. My heart says winning the cup but I'm afraid my head says staying in the Premiership.

Stuff the cup. No one remembers anything in the championship and It took us 16 years to get out of it. Going down...losing players...starting again, struggling to make the play offs. No thanks. But that's where we are headed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)