+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blackburn's view of Conor Mahoney

Blackburn's view of Conor Mahoney

Yo lads, Ive been onto Blacky Rovers Mad tonight to ask what they have to say about our new loan signing, Conor Mahoney.

" Very raw talent who has been rotting away in Bournemouth's reserves all season. A bench player I'd say at the moment. He was a real prospect at Rovers, and if we got promoted, he may like to return to his hometown club, but I think the manner in which he left rules that out. You've got a shot possibly. "

" Mahoney has great potential. I'm sure he'd have done better to stay at Rovers and play than sit on a bench, but agents are agents, and the lure of the higher Division is difficult to resist. He has good ball-control and fair pace. He can also see a pass. He should be an asset to you. "

http://boards.footymad.net/showthrea...8212857&page=2
    Last edited by Acido; 03-02-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Always the potential at the moment and there lies the problem .

Not in a position to be hoping for young lads to rise to the challenge and fulfill raw talent .

Enough surplus in the bank in my opinion to be recruiting a higher percentage of player and lessen the odds .

Chris Martin , Andy King and Mills would have provided the solid experienced spine , two on loan and no massive financial commitment the other here on clearly satisfying terms given he's signed .

The spreadsheet identifies individual talent apparently but it doesn't factor In the ingredients that build successful teams .

Somebody might want to point that out to the powers that be down there , you can quote the whole history of football as your go to line if they look puzzled .

How would you get Andy King a Premier League player to sign for Barnsley ? I’m not fussed about Martin either and I think the CB we had were doing well so would have preferred them to play together rather than Mills coming in .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    How would you get Andy King a Premier League player to sign for Barnsley ? I’m not fussed about Martin either and I think the CB we had were doing well so would have preferred them to play together rather than Mills coming in .
    Not easy admittedly but we do have a link with them , we managed to get Matt James last season and got him up to speed for em .

Half a shout in my opinion , not sure I saw he went anywhere on loan after their coach announced he could do so , could be wrong .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not easy admittedly but we do have a link with them , we managed to get Matt James last season and got him up to speed for em .

Half a shout in my opinion , not sure I saw he went anywhere on loan after their coach announced he could do so , could be wrong .
    Thought he went to Swansea

James was different, he needed games to get back from injury . Swansea signed King I think from Leicester on loan

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    James was different, he needed games to get back from injury . Swansea signed King I think from Leicester on loan
    Fair enough , never realistically going to happen then .