+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So how was it for you?

To get the negatives out of the way, the cheeky f00kerz at county halll have started charging a fiver to park, and the fat b@stard in the kop with the most foul mouthed kid in history didn’t stop slagging off Elliott Hewitt for the first 15 mins. Went a bit quiet after that though...

Other than that, the whole day seemed to go fantastically well, no queues at the turnstiles, no aggro sitting in the allocated seats, and I thought the atmosphere in the kop was great. I was with a couple of non Notts fans and they were inpressed by both the day and the performance.

AH was asked before the game whether cheapo season tickets a la Bradford might be the way to go, and it sounded like it may be something they’d consider. Yesterday demonstrated that there are thousands of people happy to come down if the price and product are right. Nottingham is a big market to tap in to.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    To get the negatives out of the way, the cheeky f00kerz at county halll have started charging a fiver to park
    Always been the case with Forest games, expect it more if crowds go up, I know it’s pay to park on the embankment for everyday parking now but did they have the car park there too yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    To get the negatives out of the way, the cheeky f00kerz at county halll have started charging a fiver to park, and the fat b@stard in the kop with the most foul mouthed kid in history didn’t stop slagging off Elliott Hewitt for the first 15 mins. Went a bit quiet after that though...

Other than that, the whole day seemed to go fantastically well, no queues at the turnstiles, no aggro sitting in the allocated seats, and I thought the atmosphere in the kop was great. I was with a couple of non Notts fans and they were inpressed by both the day and the performance.

AH was asked before the game whether cheapo season tickets a la Bradford might be the way to go, and it sounded like it may be something they’d consider. Yesterday demonstrated that there are thousands of people happy to come down if the price and product are right. Nottingham is a big market to tap in to.
    Was the fiver for parking just because they knew the game was going to be a sellout, and the gate against Swansea was going to be higher than normal. Are they going to charge that in future when the gates go back to normal?

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Always been the case with Forest games, expect it more if crowds go up, I know it’s pay to park on the embankment for everyday parking now but did they have the car park there too yesterday?
    You don’t have to pay on the embankment at the weekends. I was half expecting there to be someone taking money there though but there wasn’t. Last time that happened there was the Man City game, I know they used to do it every week for Florist, not sure if they still do?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    You don’t have to pay on the embankment at the weekends. I was half expecting there to be someone taking money there though but there wasn’t. Last time that happened there was the Man City game, I know they used to do it every week for Florist, not sure if they still do?
    Yep they shut the road off completely and use it as a car park, there’s more double yellows down there now too. You can’t even park if you have a blue badge, There’s signs saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    It wasn't Old_pie was it?
    Not guilty, I need to get up and go every 30 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    Are they going to charge that in future when the gates go back to normal?
    The gates are going back to normal???

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    The gates are going back to normal???
    I very much doubt we are going to get 17k for Carlisle a week Tuesday.

... what really impressed me was the wonderful sight of young kiddiwinks going down with family/friends. I hoped they would be safe and not intimidated being amongst so many. Would be interested on any feedback ...

Quote Originally Posted by ireallyhateforest View Post
    I very much doubt we are going to get 17k for Carlisle a week Tuesday.
    Agreed. Personally I think we'll struggle to get 15k for that one

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast