+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So how was it for you?

Me and my lad went with 2 Florist fans , the day got even better when the Fulham result came in.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    great post full of insightful views from a loyal supporter unlike me who buggered off and now lives in the wilderness. Sometimes however i think the tyranny of distance is a benefit in terms of a view point as it is not scued ( sid how do i spell it) by my current environment. Yesterday alan hardy and co. Probably brought 8-10,000 people to meadow lane who either had not been in eons or who had never been before. This has never happened before. We also won 4-1 which is also great. I expect the club probably lost money on the deal in many ways but it's clear that our chairman is trying to make notts a trendy place to go in nottingham. This will take a while and it also needs a bit of luck like a promotion or two. This is new thinking for notts and the old thinking, which is what your post portrays has never worked. So from my point of view let the new thinking prevail and come on you pies!
    skewed!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Not guilty, I need to get up and go every 30 mins.
    Want to start a fred about the state of your prostate, Mr Old?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    skewed!

People in backward countries can’t spell.

Really the price of watching a live footy game at this level should be £10-15 for an adult and £5 (or less) for kids.

Obviously we can't sustain £2 games, but I do wonder what our crowds would be like if it was £10 entry. If you get 10,000+ on average then with the add-ons of burgers, beers and shirts etc then we'd probably be quids in.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Really the price of watching a live footy game at this level should be £10-15 for an adult and £5 (or less) for kids.

Obviously we can't sustain £2 games, but I do wonder what our crowds would be like if it was £10 entry. If you get 10,000+ on average then with the add-ons of burgers, beers and shirts etc then we'd probably be quids in.
    Spot on , generate the next generation. Football is far to expensive for the average famiy.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 04-02-2018 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Fixed quote code

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Agreed. Personally I think we'll struggle to get 15k for that one
    I think we will definitely get somewhere between 14 and 15,000 for the Carlisle match

Do you mean between 14 and 15000 or 14000 and 15000. If its the first then you will almost certainly be right.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... what really impressed me was the wonderful sight of young kiddiwinks going down with family/friends. I hoped they would be safe and not intimidated being amongst so many. Would be interested on any feedback ...
    I actually had a nipper probably 4/5 year old sat next to me in the Kop who managed to sleep through our first two goals ( I have seen this sort of thing before but normally much older fans who have had a pint or two) even his mum was laughing!!

I had a group of about 5 guys sat behind me, who were footy fans but I think only one was a Notts fan.
    They seemed to enjoy it, and livened up the Pavis a little with their banter early doors when on the pitch things weren’t exactly like watching juve.

I throughly enjoyed the “packed house” experience, and it’s something we’ve got to embrace. We all want success don’t we?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast