+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Derby County 3 Brentford 0

Roger. Rowett never said it was marginal he said he was 50 yards away and will have to look at again I've seen it 4 times and still not sure if it was a red or not

Canos came sliding into Olsson trying to both get the ball and Olsson went flying up in the air and over him and ref stoped play and gave him a straight red card.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1KCwj5VvZz4

Looks a bit harsh to me, more like a solid yellow but can see why it was given red. Far from stone cold certain in my mind, but definitely drastic

Who cares; Huddleston is finally off the mark, Jerome has got his 1st (hopefully of many), Vydra has kept his run going, and super Scotty Carson has another clean sheet. On to the next one!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Who cares; Huddleston is finally off the mark, Jerome has got his 1st (hopefully of many), Vydra has kept his run going, and super Scotty Carson has another clean sheet. On to the next one!
    That’s the spirit! The card was given on to the next game top man.

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    Dean Smith came out with an outrageous accusation after the game that the reason that Sergi Canos got send off was because our players surrounded the referee and pressured him to alter his previous decision making and made him change his mind and got him send off.

Dean Smith is looking to contest the red card and see what the FA have to say about it, but if the decision decides to withstand then Sergi Canos ban gets extended and he will be out for longer.

The red card on Sergi Canos was a definite straight red, Sergi Canos went flying in two footed and Olsson went straight on the floor in agony.
    And that has been a major problem for us the past few years, we were too soft and allowed ourselves to be bullied easily. We didnt surround the ref enough imo, under mcclaren we never once got in the oppositions faces, never surrounded the ref and that imo cost us points. Wisdom sticking up for his team mate was a joy to watch, the rest hounding the ref,,, sending off at 0 0,,, and the rest is great history, a lovely 3 0 scoreline. Sometimes you need to play a little dirty to make it easier for ourselves. Rowett is a little dirty and i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    And that has been a major problem for us the past few years, we were too soft and allowed ourselves to be bullied easily. We didnt surround the ref enough imo, under mcclaren we never once got in the oppositions faces, never surrounded the ref and that imo cost us points. Wisdom sticking up for his team mate was a joy to watch, the rest hounding the ref,,, sending off at 0 0,,, and the rest is great history, a lovely 3 0 scoreline. Sometimes you need to play a little dirty to make it easier for ourselves. Rowett is a little dirty and i love it.
    Under McClaren’s first reign we had the best attacking threat in the Championship but we were weak in defence and leaking goals more then we were scoring them and under Rowett he has got us strong defensively and in attack but weak in the middle park.

Rowett is a better manager and puts the club first before himself, unlike McClaren who soon left soon as his reputation rose to join Newcastle but soon found himself regretting his decision and got found out, he is still the wolly with the brolly.

His cockiness got him fired in the second reign laughing when we were 3-0 down against Brighton and having a friendly chat with Chris Hughton, pissed a lot of fans off as well as Mel and that was the last we ever saw of him and good riddance too.

It wasnt all bad under mac though, he did gjve us some of the best entertainment wed seen in years during that 2013/14 season, we dismantled a lot of sides that season, the 5 1 second half turn around v blackpool, the 5 1 away trouncing of millwall, we were fantastic during the 2nd half of that campaign, the hammering we dished out to brighton in that playoff will forever be a fond memory. Its a pity we didnt make it,, but something changed after that playoff loss, we became less entertaining as time wore on and the collapse in 2015 was all down to mac imo. He made a lot of mistakes after that playoff final.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Rowett is a little dirty and i love it.
    Agreed. 'The Derby Way' my a**e, I've had five years of that, if we get the prem with prose not poetry it'll do me

[QUOTE=DCFCArmy;38788443]It wasnt all bad under mac though, he did gjve us some of the best entertainment wed seen in years during that 2013/14 season.

It was a good pick me up after the eye gorging dire tactics under Clough but McClaren has himself to blame for his own downfall and now he has gone and we have Rowett who has a better eye for the game, we are on the up and playing the best football in a long time and this season promotion is in clear sight then it has ever been.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)