+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County 3 Brentford 0

Derby County 3 Brentford 0

Hard game for the Rams but made easier by first half sending off for Brentford - External Link

The fan in me loves the position but would like a tad more flair.

The coach in me says it's a results based business and we have got it right for now. The problem the coach in me has is that we don't have, IMO, the players to go expansive when needed/possible.

The game yesterday? 20 minutes of them then us repeated, a sending off that, at first sight plus not having seen a replay yet, was justified. Two footed, both feet off the ground is a sending off offence. This ref got a hard decision right and had the guts to give it. I am of the opinion that most of the bottlers we have had this season so far would not have given it.

Not a great game for entertainment. Again, a consistent and disciplined performance that gave the opposition few real chances. Of those they had, the first was ballooned over the top by Jozefszoon, the other two expertly dealt with by Carson.

Chuffed that Hudds finally lost his cherry for us. 125 games and been a long time coming. I hope that now that he has the monkey off his back he will shoot more often. I have often thought he has got into some great shooting positions around the edge off the box but has been reticent to shoot. Hopefully he will now do it more often and, while I don't expect any flood gates to open, he might get another 3 or 4 between now and May.

Matej Vydra worked his little socks off yesterday and put in some very good work. The one that ballooned bounced up just before he shot. It happens. No blame at his door IMO.

Lawrence was poor. He was good at Ipswich last season. He does the biz for Wales. He can be and is a good player who isn't doing it for us. I am now starting to think that he doesn't suit our style, or vice versa. If anyone has a different reason why he performs elsewhere and not for us, I would love to hear it.

Kasey Palmer came on for half a dozen minutes, won the ball, made a pass and what followed ended in the penalty. Nice little cameo.

3 points closer to the promised land. IMO our games at home to Cardiff and away at Villa Park both being won would stamp our PL card.

I would imagine we will have a huge following at Villa. Like us they are getting the job done often without being over convincing, Brizzle apart.

Some heart stopping games to come I'm sure.

At some point I need to decide whether to book final home game v Barnsley or keep my powder dry for the dreaded play offs.

I pray it's a lap of honour v Barnsley.

I wasn’t there but what matters most, even above all Madamsters eyewitness report? NIL. I bl**dy love it.

Not sure why Lawrence is not performing but how long can we wait for him I think for his own good he needs taking out of the firing line Every time he makes a mistake there is a murmuring in the crowd and that will not help him Agree with MadAmster I've never thought the system suits him he needs a free hand like he had at Ipswich not tying him to the wing I know he plays that way Wales but has licence to move to the middle hence his goals We gave him that freedom in the second half at Man U and he plays really well Will Rowett take him out I doubt it My guess to fit Palmer in Anya will be sacrificed but hope I'm wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I wasn’t there but what matters most, even above all Madamsters eyewitness report? NIL. I bl**dy love it.
    10 in the last 12 games. That is some effort. The key to promotion? I hope so.

Dean Smith came out with an outrageous accusation after the game that the reason that Sergi Canos got send off was because our players surrounded the referee and pressured him to alter his previous decision making and made him change his mind and got him send off.

Dean Smith is looking to contest the red card and see what the FA have to say about it, but if the decision decides to withstand then Sergi Canos ban gets extended and he will be out for longer.

The red card on Sergi Canos was a definite straight red, Sergi Canos went flying in two footed and Olsson went straight on the floor in agony.

I reckon it was a drastic decision. Even our manager thought it was a marginal decision, but hey, the expert has spoken
    Last edited by roger_ramjet; 04-02-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    I reckon it was a drastic decision. Even our manager thought it was a marginal decision, but hey, the expert has spoken
    Yes but don't forget Olsson went straight on the floor in agony.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Rowett hit back at the claims made by Dean Smith and called them excuses because his team didn’t get their way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)