+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens fans from Dumfries............

Queens fans from Dumfries............

I've noticed quite a large number of Queens fans on the message boards are not actually living in Dumfries. I wonder what sort of percentage of home game attendees actually live in the town. Where are you based?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    I've noticed quite a large number of Queens fans on the message boards are not actually living in Dumfries. I wonder what sort of percentage of home game attendees actually live in the town. Where are you based?
    Irvine, North Ayrshire

Dumfries and will stay that way until I draw my last breath

Whilst I live and work in South Cumbria I am a season ticket holder and attend all the home weekend games. I can get frustrated with mid week games but will endeavour to attend the big cup games if I can which normally means taking time off work. Looking forward to returning home to Dumfries soon when I retire

Quite a few fans travel down to Palmerston from Edinburgh on a regular basis and have done so for years. - Mr Goo, Tam frae Terregles
    etc.

Let's just say I live close enough to Dumfries to get the Stagecoach No. 1 bus into town.

Quote Originally Posted by Auld_Chippy View Post
    Let's just say I live close enough to Dumfries to get the Stagecoach No. 1 bus into town.

ah you must be out my way auld chippy ,the locharbriggs bus ,our big trouble is queens have an ageing support and the younger generations come and go ,some scared of by authorities prob never to return ,some stay but as soon as thay reach the age where thay actually have to pay adult fees most cant do that and stop going ,so its a mixture of the way society has changed in favour of health and safety and happy clapping thats reduced the attraction to the youngsters so as a result we are stuck with an ageing support until it all changes or goes tits up when thay all die off gradually .

You are quite correct Francis, there is nothing to encourage the youngsters to attend home games anymore. These stewards are far too heavy handed with the youngsters and it is not fun any more if you cant even sing without getting stared at by someone, or being telt off.

I'm still convinced as many attenders still come from ootside the toon as opposed to the ones that actually live here!

Based in North West Dumfries , a proud DG2’er

Where are you based ..?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)