+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gaurds of Preston

Gaurds of Preston

How you liking the Swindon boy, Billy Bodin?

He was a good prospect at ours with a fantastic work ethic. Shame he wasn't given a proppa chance under Di Canio

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    How you liking the Swindon boy, Billy Bodin?

He was a good prospect at ours with a fantastic work ethic. Shame he wasn't given a proppa chance under Di Canio
    Looks ok so far. Two games I've watched him in and he's scored in one and won us a penalty in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnsyPNE View Post
    Looks ok so far. Two games I've watched him in and he's scored in one and won us a penalty in the other.
    Nice one Burnsy.

I tend to keep an eye on how's he doing so will hope he continues to grow with you.

I once heckled Di Canio about letting him go out on loan to Torquay when we needed him ourselves.

His dad, Paul Bodin is a legend for us and Wales international key player of his time. Paul was our youth team coach and doing very well. Then along came DiCanio and practically forced Paul out with depression. After PDC left Bodin was offered to come back but the damage was done I think.

So given this info on dad is I expect part of why he wasn't given the chance he deserved at Swindon

Looking good for play offs Burnsy now.. Hope you are well.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1959 View Post
    Nice one Burnsy.

I tend to keep an eye on how's he doing so will hope he continues to grow with you.

I once heckled Di Canio about letting him go out on loan to Torquay when we needed him ourselves.

His dad, Paul Bodin is a legend for us and Wales international key player of his time. Paul was our youth team coach and doing very well. Then along came DiCanio and practically forced Paul out with depression. After PDC left Bodin was offered to come back but the damage was done I think.

So given this info on dad is I expect part of why he wasn't given the chance he deserved at Swindon
    Got to admit this new strategy we have of signing young hungry players is working great. Gonna struggle without Pearson in next few games though.

How you doing Alf, still venturing round in a caravan you big pikey?

Got to admit this new strategy we have of signing young hungry players is working great. Gonna struggle without Pearson in next few games though.

How you doing Alf, still venturing round in a caravan you big pikey?
    Yep,some things never change .

You still working for a living ?

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yep,some things never change .

You still working for a living ?
    Sort of, I'm now a ****star.

Sort of, I'm now a ****star.

Arfs..