+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: View From Wolves

View From Wolves

Twice in a week two sets of fans show magnanimity in victory and, generally, the comments are moderate, considered and respectful.

Wished they were posting the usual vitriol that comes with a defeat.

Magnanimous in victory, I see. A lot more than they were in defeat...

They’ll be happy with us because we played right into their hands. I think Chris dropped a gooly yesterday playing Holmes as well as Wilson from the off. We were too lightweight in the middle of the park. Bash had a bit of a nightmare but we were still more solid with him in the centre until we went down to 10 men. If ever there was a game where we needed to accept that going gung-ho would only end one way this was it. We needed to keep it tight and get in their faces and the longer the game wore on the more we could have come into it.

But he’s still learning his trade at this level, I’m sure in time that he’ll come to reflect that there are some away games that we do need to start with a traditional back 4 and a sold midfield, keep it tight and see if we can nick a goal or two, but for this season at least he can do as he pleases for me. I still enjoyed the way we tried to play even on the back of a dubbing and having no cutting edge, but as we’ve seen on the forums, some aren’t happy to cut him that much slack even this season, so it will need to be addressed.

good post gray i think against the top sides in this division we need to be a bit more conservative with our tactics away from home chris is learning all the time and tactically will only get better next season for me its still that final third thats the problem we need some pace and just a bit more quality in that area

Wilder was appey in his aftermatch interview he accepted we were no match for Wolves,wish he would just stop paying glowing aftermatch tributes to the opposition tho,if we ever get to the Prem,he will be goggle eyed with it all.

Wonder what he will say if Leeds beat us..........lost to another giant of the division.

The little fish in a big pond syndrome really is taking over us.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    They’ll be happy with us because we played right into their hands. I think Chris dropped a gooly yesterday playing Holmes as well as Wilson from the off. We were too lightweight in the middle of the park. Bash had a bit of a nightmare but we were still more solid with him in the centre until we went down to 10 men. If ever there was a game where we needed to accept that going gung-ho would only end one way this was it. We needed to keep it tight and get in their faces and the longer the game wore on the more we could have come into it.

But he’s still learning his trade at this level, I’m sure in time that he’ll come to reflect that there are some away games that we do need to start with a traditional back 4 and a sold midfield, keep it tight and see if we can nick a goal or two, but for this season at least he can do as he pleases for me. I still enjoyed the way we tried to play even on the back of a dubbing and having no cutting edge, but as we’ve seen on the forums, some aren’t happy to cut him that much slack even this season, so it will need to be addressed.
    That is spot on Gray. Some fans aint realised yet that CW is still on a managerial learning curve..........Its a long one too (ooh matron)

Quote Originally Posted by sabellaalex View Post
    That is spot on Gray. Some fans aint realised yet that CW is still on a managerial learning curve..........Its a long one too (ooh matron)
    I was told yesterday in the pub,discussing weighty world matters,that Little bit of Blackpool rock is about Mr Formbys appendage !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I was told yesterday in the pub,discussing weighty world matters,that Little bit of Blackpool rock is about Mr Formbys appendage !!!!
    From some of the tales of the time had George been about in today's less tolerant times he may well have feared a knock on the door from the local constabulary.

it must have been due to what he saw when he was on his window round.

Turned out nice again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast