+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boom or Bust - doing the maths

So in your opinion the two major injuries explain away the 6-1 thrashing fae a team that couldna win a game to save themselves?.

BTW the same team then go and get hammered by a bunch of hammer throwers in the highland's a few days later!.Lets face it Falkirk are absolutely shyte and they gave us 6,that cannie be blamed on 2 players being injured.

No because again as you know, the personnel was a good bit different than just those two, other players missing from the team that was beating most teams (including St Mirren and Falkirk comfortably) and the whole mood and vibe around the team was aswell, all things already known

No excuse for ever losing like that, I blame the players for the margin of defeat

Anyway back on topic, 2nd is the best we can do now and give it our all in the play-offs, maybe we will find some kind of team and system that works with what we have available and you never know, that's best case scenario

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Anyway back on topic, 2nd is the best we can do now and give it our all in the play-offs, maybe we will find some kind of team and system that works with what we have available and you never know, that's best case scenario
    Aye sorry mate no having a go at you but this was a pish easy season to go up with the early season implosion of the relegated side and Falkirk,i cannie believe a team with Samson in the goal are a street ahead of us but i watched their players throwing themselves in harm's way to defend him when they were under the cosh at East End Park.
    They have a camaraderie that we just cannot match in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Aye sorry mate no having a go at you but this was a pish easy season to go up with the early season implosion of the relegated side and Falkirk,i cannie believe a team with Samson in the goal are a street ahead of us but i watched their players throwing themselves in harm's way to defend him when they were under the cosh at East End Park.
    They have a camaraderie that we just cannot match in my opinion.
    Thats it in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    No because again as you know, the personnel was a good bit different than just those two, other players missing from the team that was beating most teams (including St Mirren and Falkirk comfortably) and the whole mood and vibe around the team was aswell, all things already known

No excuse for ever losing like that, I blame the players for the margin of defeat

100%

Ive not checked your maths, but we need some of those teams behind us to do us favours in their chase for playoff place 2, 3, 4. And i just dont think that St Mirren will slip up enough to give us enough hope. To make matters worse, they are at Livi, then host Brechin and Falkirk before they come to us in March 2nd.

For us, we might have one match re-arranged before we visit Livi then host QotS, but by that Livi game, i fear there will be an insurmountable chasm to climb across and for me, the league will be as well as lost!

As for making the playoffs, i was shot down last season for daring to think that, while still in 3rd place that 2 teams outside the top 4 could catch us. Im glad this season that im not the first to call into question our chances of staying in the top 4!

It's humiliating to think United have lost the league with still 14 matches to go.

The players have been out played and out-fought by clubs such as Livingstone and Falkirk.

We were losing matches with a full squad of players before anyone was injured ........

If we can hit form and finish 2nd, we still have a slim chance.

But the players have been miles off form and it's cost United the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ClashCityRocker View Post
    It's humiliating to think United have lost the league with still 14 matches to go.

The players have been out played and out-fought by clubs such as Livingstone and Falkirk.

We were losing matches with a full squad of players before anyone was injured ........

If we can hit form and finish 2nd, we still have a slim chance.

But the players have been miles off form and it's cost United the league.
    There was a thread recently where the list of injured might have made a half decent team. But at no point this season have we not had someone missing through injury, especially for the league games. Outside of FnF, Keatings, Briels, Scobbie, Murdoch, Flood, N'Koyi(yeah i know!), Toshney, Quinn, Edje and Stanton have at times been missing through injury.

One thing that our mini break may help with is getting some of these guys up to speed at the right time as we will need all hands at the pump should St Mirren slip up a bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)