+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boom or Bust - doing the maths

It’s all but over but the current gap could be cut to 5 if United were to do their job for once and win both games in hand and beat St Mirren at Tannadice.

By time they come to us on the 2nd they’ll have played another 3 fixtures (Livingston away, Brechin home and home to Falkirk) whilst we’ll have only played 2 (away to Livingston and home to Queens). If we pick up 6 points, they only have to draw 1 and it becomes interesting again but suspect we’ve left ourselves with too much work to do.

United need get to the form before new year if they want any chance of catching saints.

we need to win the games in hand and beat saints when they come to tannadice but isnt out of the question but its whether united can be reliable enough to win them games. if we can win the 2 games before st mirren then it could give us a shout of pulling it off.

they still have some tough games plus they havent it a bad run yet so if they hit it now it could open the door for us to take advantage but as said previously, we need to get back to the form when CL first came in to get anywhere near capitalizing on any slips.

We should have the games in hand ASAP so we know where we are and we can stop the gap getting too big.

Ultimately though I can’t see we have any chance at all of catching the midden

I don’t think injuries can be blamed for this. It’s a complete collapse really.

This is weakest championship for years

We have better personnel and a better squad than the rest of the division.

With better team spirit and togetherness we should have come through to win this league. Not so far behind by end of January that the league was effectively over

There was a thread a wee while back where some posters were getting stick for saying there was a west coast bias. Do you think St Mirren would have had to wait this long for dates of rearranged fixtures? No way. We will get Wednesday Saturday Wednesday before we have to play them. It stinks.

Thats not the reason we won't win the league, but it still stinks

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    There was a thread a wee while back where some posters were getting stick for saying there was a west coast bias. Do you think St Mirren would have had to wait this long for dates of rearranged fixtures? No way. We will get Wednesday Saturday Wednesday before we have to play them. It stinks.

Thats not the reason we won't win the league, but it still stinks
    Exactly what I have just posted on a parallel thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Exactly what I have just posted on a parallel thread.
    Sorry mate I'll go over and have a read

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    We should have the games in hand ASAP so we know where we are and we can stop the gap getting too big.

Ultimately though I can’t see we have any chance at all of catching the midden

I don’t think injuries can be blamed for this. It’s a complete collapse really.

This is weakest championship for years

We have better personnel and a better squad than the rest of the division.

With better team spirit and togetherness we should have come through to win this league. Not so far behind by end of January that the league was effectively over
    Def problem with the fixtures but I agree that it is the weakest championship in years and that theoretically we have the best squad. Heaven help us if we dont go up this year. Lets say we dont and Partick,Dundee or St. Johnstone say came down and Raith and Ayr come up. Even worse if we dont make the play off final two could come down with say Livi going up. We could be in a much much harder division but with less resources if we end up in money difficulties. Just pray we get up through the play offs.

I actually think a period of 2 games a week will be good as the training ground isn't working and 'in match' practice with a regular timetable may work better, use the other days of the week to build strength and fitness and ask the players to meet to find out their names.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)