+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postponed Fixtures

Postponed Fixtures

There are plenty of reasons that we are very unlikely to win the league and a play off place, hopefully second, is now our goal. The fact that we are now 2 games behind 3 after the 17th means we will be playing catch up more or less for the next 2 months wont help. Why has the QOS game not been rescheduled yet from mid December (Dundee at Kilmarnock postponed only a few days ago is rearranged for next week)? Surely the SPFL can get their finger out and arrange all 3 now to allow planning for the team and also the supporters wanting to go to the two far flung away games. The situation is bordering on the ridiculous. Falkirk with only one game behind are catching up this midweek, there are no games set for the next midweek and Morton are catching up the next midweek. What is going on ????

I’ve had the same thought. We have had loads of free midweeks but I bet we end up getting 3 matches in a row etc just before the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’ve had the same thought. We have had loads of free midweeks but I bet we end up getting 3 matches in a row etc just before the play offs
    its looking like that and i bet there is a lot of laughter at this.

Mind you we only have ourselves to blame. should have been 1 or 2 up against st mirren at half time. Then we crumbled. And continue to do so. Weak players and mindset.

Said a couple of weeks ago we will have to battle to get TOP 4 not the league. Hope im wrong. Im resigned to being here next season so any sudden bounce in form will have me absolutely delighted.

I smell a rat!

With the QotS game being so close to christmas and all that, i see how they left the decision until January with consideration to the Scottish cup. However, as soon as those games were decided on the day, that fixture should have been re-arranged, and as it turns out, the perfect date would have been this Tuesday of Wednesday. The weather may put paid to that though!

So by the end of this month we will have 3 re-arranged matches to fit into 2 months that are extremely busy already. Say the NFC of all miracles occur next weekend, we could have a midweek replay and another game to re-arrange during next month.

During all of this, St Mirren go week to week having no issues with games to re-arrange!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I smell a rat!

With the QotS game being so close to christmas and all that, i see how they left the decision until January with consideration to the Scottish cup. However, as soon as those games were decided on the day, that fixture should have been re-arranged, and as it turns out, the perfect date would have been this Tuesday of Wednesday. The weather may put paid to that though!

So by the end of this month we will have 3 re-arranged matches to fit into 2 months that are extremely busy already. Say the NFC of all miracles occur next weekend, we could have a midweek replay and another game to re-arrange during next month.

During all of this, St Mirren go week to week having no issues with games to re-arrange!
    I'm beginning to smell a rat too. Today SPFL published dates for all outstanding games in Leagues 1 & 2!! Games are being rearranged in the premiership too. Our next arranged league game will be on the 23rd. By that time St Mirren & Falkirk will have played 26, 5 teams 25, 2 teams 24 and us on 23. Club should be complaining about this because like other posters I can see them asking us to play 8 games in March.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    I'm beginning to smell a rat too. Today SPFL published dates for all outstanding games in Leagues 1 & 2!! Games are being rearranged in the premiership too. Our next arranged league game will be on the 23rd. By that time St Mirren & Falkirk will have played 26, 5 teams 25, 2 teams 24 and us on 23. Club should be complaining about this because like other posters I can see them asking us to play 8 games in March.
    Apologies Perth, should have seen this before posting on the other thread.

If people think it's a conspiracy theory then I think they're misguided. We are hated.

Dundee United's home fixture versus Dumbarton, originally scheduled for Saturday 17 February, will be played on Tuesday 3 April at 7.45pm.

Dundee United's away fixture to Queen of the South, abandoned on Saturday 16 December, will be played at Palmerston Park on Tuesday 13 March at 7.45pm.

not too bad Dumbarton double header - ICT rearranged game for Friday 2nd March at 9am

Plenty time to get up play and get back for televised St midden game

Queen of the South at Palmerston Park on Tuesday 13 March at 7.45pm.

Dundee United Rearrangement Pricing

Following discussion between the clubs we are now able to confirm admission pricing for this rearranged match. Pricing has been set in order to simply cover the costs of hosting the fixture.

Admission to the match will cost a flat rate of £5 per head for all except under 16's who will be admitted free of charge. For the avoidance of doubt, season tickets will not be valid for this fixture. All attendees will need to obtain a ticket from the ticket office for the game on the night, including under 16's who will be issued with an entry voucher free of charge.
    http://www.qosfc.com/news-3917

That's fair doos (for us, the bit about season tickets is well dodgy).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)