+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blind Support.

Here's a fact, an undeniable one.
    Anyone who is on a unbeaten run, is (with every passing game) that one game closer to defeat.
    So in effect if anyone chooses to use a prediction of 'If this manager keeps on doing what he is doing we will lose a game'. He's on pretty safe ground!
    Now I know I will be told it's in reference to the longer term 'effect', but as in all things, time will determine the legitimacy of the 'claim'. But we're some distance away yet from that 'revelation'.
    I can only go of what I heard as a broadcast and from first hand (they were there) reports, in order to decide for myself the reasoning for this defeat in last game.
    I need to say now that I do not totally disagree with Sax ie from what I can determine CC is not as 'effective' as he once was and has become a second choice pick. In ref to the individual cited to fill his role ie Payne I have no real knowledge of, but gather he is seen as 'hopeful' by the attending support.
    Now as for 'we should keep the all conquering 11 that despatched Walsall for our visit to the Pilgrims. Well as Aucks say, 'that's all well and good - in theory'.
    And yes again like you Sax I can sort of go along with let's try and play a winning team as much as possible. But for me as Aucks says the dynamics come into play.
    We can only assume that between these two games all players were seen to be 100% buzzing and full of energy and fully ready to go again.
    Even so, from what I can determine; Walsall (away from home at our place were determined (with all due respect to them ) not that all great a challenge. Then their game plan on the day , made them an easier proposition than necessary.
    With regard to Pilgrims, this was determined as a greater challenge (and they being on home turf) and had proven over previous 10 games no push over.
    My take was, our team had a collective off day. The watching support, despite their disappointment at our display, acknowledged and praised Pilgrims performance. But also added there was probably sufficient endeavour from our team (not as high as some previous games, but not laying down either).
    The defeat was coming, and last Sat proved to be the day.
    So it's, accept, re focus and move onto next game.

Lastly, Wigan and Shrews are up there above us because they deserve to be, not because we're 'gifting' them it.
    Yes for sure I would like us to be leading the pack as I'm a BRFC man, but I can acknowledge that our overall season so far performance does not warrant it. I can pontificate until the cows come home citing what he / they are doing wrong and not what to my mind should be doing. I am not going to do that as I do not think from sat here I have the direct personal knowledge that they have to critique their decisions.
    The easy bit though is to criticise after the event, as we're all super knowledgable at that point.
    This is exactly what you get from the LT.
    I like Champs super optomism, and also Aucks preference to see things as he does.

I find the term, aimed at those who choose to support regardless, that I have seen regularly mainly on LT 'happy clappers' extremely derogatory. There are a hell of a lot of 'moaners' on Ewood, far more than is comfortable in my view. So is it any wonder we went through that awful period some time back.
    For me it sends out a message that maybe we don't really want a football club? That's is unless EVERYTHING is done my/our way.

This is purely 'my take' and opinion upon our situation re current events.
    Last edited by Despair; 05-02-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I hope both you and champs continue to engage with me, even if I infuriate you. Champs thinks I'm a cock, fair does, I think he, and yourself aucks are fascinating characters and I love to talk to you on here.

WE DONT HAVE AGREE..
    No problem with that, Saxo.
    You still haven't picked up my point about Conway, though. The Telegraph reporter gave him the same rating (or better) as everyone else in the team, bar one. Was his inclusion REALLY the factor that changed everything - the ONLY factor involved?
    See, it's this simplistic approach to a football match that I think is nonsense. And with Mowbray, there seem to be numerous fans, sitting at their computers/Iphones, waiting to blame any setback exclusively on his decisions.
    In the Plymouth game, we had 52% possession, and 11 attempts on goal, compared to the opposition's five. It wasn't as if we were overwhelmed. Apparently, Dack was marked out of the game. Was that Mowbray's fault? And so on.
    We had a bad day. We didn't gel. Plymouth responded effectively to our main threats. TM changed things round in the second half, but with little impact.
    Why have people focused almost entirely on the decision to play Conway?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    No problem with that, Saxo.
    You still haven't picked up my point about Conway, though. The Telegraph reporter gave him the same rating (or better) as everyone else in the team, bar one. Was his inclusion REALLY the factor that changed everything - the ONLY factor involved?
    See, it's this simplistic approach to a football match that I think is nonsense. And with Mowbray, there seem to be numerous fans, sitting at their computers/Iphones, waiting to blame any setback exclusively on his decisions.
    In the Plymouth game, we had 52% possession, and 11 attempts on goal, compared to the opposition's five. It wasn't as if we were overwhelmed. Apparently, Dack was marked out of the game. Was that Mowbray's fault? And so on.
    We had a bad day. We didn't gel. Plymouth responded effectively to our main threats. TM changed things round in the second half, but with little impact.
    Why have people focused almost entirely on the decision to play Conway?
    We where just poor on Sat. Nothing came off. We faced a team on an 11 game unbeaten run, full of confidence, and where the better team on the day. No problems with that all, it happens. We put a lot into the Walsall game, and where 'on it' from literally the first min to last. Because we had been left frustrated by putting our all into the Northampton game, which we also put a lot into. That's also a monumental journey down there. I just think a few factors .....what I've mentioned above all played a part, but weren't reasons on there own. He maybe picked a few tired players. Dack was man-marked. Graham was shot. Armstrong looked ineffective. Conway was Conway.
    This may seem harsh here, but that's what happens if you want success. Sat was the first game Downing has lost for BRFC. Weirdly this hasn't been mentioned. All the negatives have been discussed in length, pulled part and blamed on Mowbray. But nobody ever seems to have a rounded view when it comes to openly criticising the manager. That said, we really are missing Mulgrew! Sat more than any other time. Its also what effect he has on the opp, and when they see he isnt playing, it gives them a lift. But once he is back, we also need Lenhian back (who is very close to first team action now) and they need to be paired. Downing stepped in, did well, but has weaknesses that can be exploited. Bennett waved a weak leg at the ball on the edge of their second goal, then there player ran 60 yards untouched. Downing just backed off for 30 yards, then just fell over. We need better than that, so as soon as we are back at full strength, Downing will likely be dropped. As he just isn't better than Mulgrew or Lenihan. We need to tighten up, and nobody is beyond criticism. Mowbray also has to find a way of getting around Dack being man-marked. Ashley Grimes did the job vrs Northampton, and it worked. Plymouth did the same. Walsall didn't. Dack will be 'the' dangerman for any side we play from now on, so we need to find a solution...and quick. It should free up another player elsewhere.
    The only player who played well was Bell. The rest all had a slight off day, it didn't click.
    A whole week to get fresh again, and work hard on finding ways to win a match ugly ....or at the very least take a point. Hence on the prediction thread for Plymouth I said I would take a point here and now. You always have to consider what kind of a run they are on aswell as us. 11 games, and they aren't far away from the play-offs. They wehre a decent side.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    I hope both you and champs continue to engage with me, even if I infuriate you. Champs thinks I'm a cock, fair does, I think he, and yourself aucks are fascinating characters and I love to talk to you on here.

WE DONT HAVE AGREE..

I don't hate anyone mate. Life is way too short.
    We don't have to agree. I actually took offence at the 'where has everyone disappeared to?' more than anything.
    I was on my way back from a long, tiring, expensive trip to Plymouth and back! I was shattered, annoyed, and certainly not ignoring the facts. Nobody is exempt from criticism. If I see a performance that needs calling out as a bad one, then I will. Just since mid oct, we haven't really had many. It just appeared that a lot of hot air appeared on Sat, blaming, I perceived you where asking for Mowbray to be sacked (which I accept I didn't read correctly) .....all because we lost one single game of football. What will happen now? What will our reaction be? That, we will find out over the coming matches. Time to panic ....this isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I don't hate anyone mate. Life is way too short.
    We don't have to agree. I actually took offence at the 'where has everyone disappeared to?' more than anything.
    I was on my way back from a long, tiring, expensive trip to Plymouth and back! I was shattered, annoyed, and certainly not ignoring the facts. Nobody is exempt from criticism. If I see a performance that needs calling out as a bad one, then I will. Just since mid oct, we haven't really had many. It just appeared that a lot of hot air appeared on Sat, blaming, I perceived you where asking for Mowbray to be sacked (which I accept I didn't read correctly) .....all because we lost one single game of football. What will happen now? What will our reaction be? That, we will find out over the coming matches. Time to panic ....this isn't.
    As a fan, I'm mentally ready to go again. Bring it on..

One thing that happens a lot with football is over-analysis. I know this for a fact because I am one of those people most guilty of it! Partly, it's because talking a game through is fun.
    On the other hand, a hobby-horse of mine over the years has been that you can't always FIND a convincing reason for, say, a performance like the one against Plymouth. Not a SINGLE, straightforward reason, anyway.
    The example I gave Saxo about the schools-team I coached illustrates that point.
    There is one poster on the Telegraph site - normally quite rational - who claimed that the team was set up to lose before the game even started. Really??!! One change? A winger for a midfielder who is new to the Club? Ten other players looked at Craig Conway and said, "Whoops! Complete negativity on the Boss's part. No way we can win this now."?
    I don't know the exact reasons for the poor performance, but I am damned sure it was a lot more complex than that.
    Excuse me going off at a tangent, but isn't this part-and-parcel of living in a sound-bite age? Everything has to be a headline. If a subject needs to be explored in depth, people get bored.
    Bad performance? It must be the manager. Simple! (Or perhaps "simplistic"!)
    No, no, my dear - I haven't taken my pills yet. I'll take them now, and go and lie down.

Aucks, 'going for' him who must remain unspoken of, is understandable. As is the movement against OC, maybe even PL.
    But if folk are gona turn on TM, well I just give up.
    I know I'll be told:'but hang on this is justifiable criticism' and yes none of us should be afraid of such as none are perfect.
    But 'justifiable' is a debatable point'. TM has openly admitted, in retrospect, he got the call/s wrong.
    We've all seen this before where vocal dissatisfaction gathers momentum and becomes self destructive.

One thing that happens a lot with football is over-analysis. I know this for a fact because I am one of those people most guilty of it! Partly, it's because talking a game through is fun.
    On the other hand, a hobby-horse of mine over the years has been that you can't always FIND a convincing reason for, say, a performance like the one against Plymouth. Not a SINGLE, straightforward reason, anyway.
    The example I gave Saxo about the schools-team I coached illustrates that point.
    There is one poster on the Telegraph site - normally quite rational - who claimed that the team was set up to lose before the game even started. Really??!! One change? A winger for a midfielder who is new to the Club? Ten other players looked at Craig Conway and said, "Whoops! Complete negativity on the Boss's part. No way we can win this now."?
    I don't know the exact reasons for the poor performance, but I am damned sure it was a lot more complex than that.
    Excuse me going off at a tangent, but isn't this part-and-parcel of living in a sound-bite age? Everything has to be a headline. If a subject needs to be explored in depth, people get bored.
    No, no, my dear - I haven't taken my pills yet. I'll take them now, and go and lie down.
    Is Owen coyle a bad manager?..

Look at how he's doing at Ross County ....

At the risk of just sounding arrogant, I must say, I read alot of that dreadful LET, and there are fans sat around me at Ewood, that clearly don't know, or understand football. I could honestly sit here for hours typing out the nonsense I've heard this season from the guy say directly behind me in the Riverside. And the posts I read are mind boggling. I think that's why I got so angry at Sax the other day. As I read elsewhere, fans wanting Mowbray sacked etc. Just because some folk go every week, does not mean they know what is happening in front of them. Or understand how football works, it's complexities, etc. Again to re-iterate I'm not being arrogant. But I do know and understand football. I played at a decent level. I have family members who have been involved in football clubs (namely Bury FC) and I've followed us in every league other than Div4. Where I've seen hundreds of Bury games. I get so frustrated at times, hence my posting style (you call it excitable Sax )
    Last edited by champs95; 07-02-2018 at 11:34 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)