+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blind Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Is Owen coyle a bad manager?..
    See - the very question demonstrates that we can't really get on the same page with this.
    Are some managers better than others? Of course. It's the same in all walks of life.
    So far, we're probably agreeing.
    Where we part company is when you and others try to separate ALL managers into either the "good" compartment or the "bad" compartment.
    Owen Coyle? Too many failures. All the same, even he has had successful spells. Quite an extreme example, though.
    What about Roy Hodgson or David Moyes? How are you going to classify them? And I don't mean whether you dislike them or not - that's a different issue.
    Managers are ultimately responsible for success and failure, and are kept or fired on that basis. Fair enough - it's the way of the world.
    What I reject, however, is the simplistic b*llocks that the loss to Plymouth is 100% down to the fact that the manager made one change to the team.
    Take rugby - it's very rare for a rugby team to use the same 15 for two games in succession. Leaving aside injury, managers/coaches change teams for a variety of tactical reasons. That is not "bad" coaching, even if the changes don't always work.
    Payne has not even played enough games yet for us to make a considered verdict. Are you really saying you know that if he had been chosen instead of Conway, we would have won the game? Did the other ten players really feel such contempt for a tried and tested professional that they gave up any hope of winning before the start?
    I don't think this is true of you, Saxo, but there are a lot of supporters who would have found a way of criticising Mowbray if we HAD played the Walsall XI, but still lost 2-0. They would have been saying: a) too many players out of position; b) not enough youngsters in the team; c) Downing should have been dropped for Lenihan; d) why weren't we playing 4-4-2? Etc, etc.
    If it always has to be the manager at fault - and for some people, it does - then SOME fault can always be found.
    If you make a lot of mistakes at work on a particular day, is it your boss's fault? Might not there be lots of factors involved?
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 07-02-2018 at 11:51 PM.

There we go again - a throwaway line akin to a grenade with the pin almost out !
    Now, I am well aware this is just Sax 'amusing himself', so I don't get irritated by it at all.
    For those that want to respond I also have no prob cos it's not abusive or confrontational and is BRFC related.

I would like to think that when I listed those three ex managers both Aucks and Champs knew that my standpoint was in relation to how they fared 'with us' . How they fared before and after their employ with us really has no relevance for me. Additionally how they 'coped/dealt' with all aspects of being our manager was taken in consideration.
    I would assume that we all would agree that, as a man, GB was a great loss to us. This, despite me reluctantly voicing my opinion that he was not likely to lead us into the Prem that was IMO absolutely *****. TM for me has stepped into GB's 'void', and is a breath of fresh air. Long may it continue.
    Once again I am left pondering just what is the next episode in this saga (under Venkys) . IF the signs were that they were 'happy' to just traipse along carrying the rising debt for an extended time, my thoughts re GB may have been different . However I am just one individual amongs many, and the many probably influenced the decision of Venkys.
    Just like most (maybe more so than most) when I listen/read people ' in office' issuing statements) I always don't take all they say literally. Much of what they say has to be thought out beforehand, as much of it can come back to haunt/hurt them.
    I've never personally met TM, but I'm more than willing to accept him as a honest , straightforward, decent chap.
    Ok, so he may get things 'not quite spot on' every single time, but neither do I. That makes him human in my book.

ITMIT ! 😉

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)